Rehab Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
A rehab or orthopaedic rehabilitation is a doctor-supervised program designed to help people who have undergone injuries, diseases, or surgeries. The main aim is to help people recover from pain, trauma, surgery, or illness. These rehabs are designed in a way to restore motion, flexibility, improve social skills, and strengthen the body part that has been affected. While dealing with a condition or an issue, rehabs improve the quality of your life by preventing and relieving the symptoms.
What Are the Types of Rehabs?
A team of multidisciplinary specialists gathers together to arrange and assist a rehabilitation program. The team includes nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and doctors.
The types of Rehabs include the following:
- Physical therapy: Physical therapists use this technique to restore flexibility, strengthen your body parts and improve the overall function of the body. They use a wide range of methods that include strength training, stretching exercises, massage, heat and cold therapy, and electrical stimulation. This technique allows the patient to move with minimum pain or no pain.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational therapists help the patients to gather the strength to perform everyday activities such as cooking, bathing, or working. They help the patients to perform their tasks by breaking them into sections and managing the time to do it. They also provide them with the adaptive tools that help the patients to perform the work.
- Sports rehabilitation: These include sports physical therapy, which focuses on exercise- and sports-related injuries and conditions.
How Is Rehab performed at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
Rehab takes place in many ways and in various settings. One of the settings involves taking care of the patients in the hospitals after the surgery. They ensure you are physically fit and do not have any complications or risks before sending you to your house.
If the patient is suffering from trauma after surgery, they require extra care and attention. These patients are sent to a rehab centre where a group of other patients join in and are relieved of the symptoms. These patients are also sent to health clubs.
During the rehabilitation program, the rehab therapists such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, doctors, or nurses, examine your condition. They evaluate the pain, symptoms, and recommendations from the referring doctor. You and your therapist discuss your personal goals and they design a personalized treatment program. After a successful period, your therapists share the progress report with your doctor.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Who Are the Right Candidates for Rehab at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
The criteria to make a good candidate for Rehab is:
- Presence of rehabilitation goals
- Willingness to participate in rehabilitation
- Demonstrated improvement over the period of acute hospitalization that was related to rehabilitation goals
What Are the Benefits of Rehab at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
The air of the rehab is to help the patients to regain the function of the body in a more effective and faster way. The benefits of rehab are as follows:
- Avoids the clotting of the blood thereby promoting blood circulation
- Prevents severe pain and also reduces the need for medication
- Prevents further injury, risk, or complication
- Improves memory
- Targets the condition from all the possible angles
- Can achieve highest functioning potential
What Are the Side Effects of Rehab?
The Side effects of rehabilitation include the following:
- Ineffective treatment
- If the treatment plan is not followed, there may not be a reduction in the pain or symptoms
- Smoking during the process of treatment
- Daily life distractions may not support the treatment process
When you reach your rehab goals, your therapist can discharge you from the program. Before you leave, your therapist will teach you self-management strategies you can use at home.
Doctors may recommend orthopaedic rehabilitation for a variety of reasons. These include post-surgery recovery and treatment of injuries and chronic diseases, such as arthritis.
- Losing excess weight by exercising
- Quit smoking to enhance the healing process
- Taking the required medications as directed
- Attending the rehab centre and keeping up with the treatment plan.