Shoulder Replacement Surgery in C-scheme, Jaipur
Most of the work that the body does falls on the shoulders. The shoulders perform several upper body movements. Yet, if you are facing pain and stiffness in the area that making it work feels difficult, you should consider shoulder replacement surgery.
What is the meaning of shoulder replacement?
A shoulder replacement is a surgical approach that changes the crippled parts of the shoulder with prostheses, metal balls, and other artificial components. People decide to undergo this surgery in Jaipur because they might be experiencing extreme pain and loss of movement due to rheumatoid arthritis, frozen shoulder, osteoarthritis, avascular necrosis, or ripping of the rotator cuff.
What are the different types of shoulder replacement surgeries?
There are mainly three categories of shoulder replacement surgeries:
- Your doctor will recommend reverse shoulder replacement if your rotator cuff is damaged or ripped.
- The surgeon can perform it as a second surgery if the first one was a failure.
- The surgeon will insert and link the metal ball on your shoulder bones.
- The surgeon will also install a socket at the top of the arm.
- Doctors perform this shoulder replacement the most.
- The surgeon will replace the ball present on the humerus with a metal ball.
- The metal ball will get linked to the rest of the bone.
- The surgeon covers the socket with a plastic surface.
Doctors will only insert a metal ball by taking out the ball from the humerus.
- Reverse solder replacement -
- Total shoulder replacement-
- Partial shoulder replacement-
When to see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
When you have a pain in the shoulder that spreads to your arms, making them almost dysfunctional, visit your doctor. Day-to-day functions can be a difficult task for you, so your doctor will run tests and see if you're fit for the shoulder replacement surgery.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What preparations should you take before shoulder replacement surgery?
- You will need to undergo some X-rays, imaging tests, and a full-body physical examination.
- Your doctor will ask you to stop taking blood-thinning medicines or narcotic painkillers.
- You will require to stop smoking for some weeks.
- You will require to drink less and do some exercise.
- You will need to fast the night before your surgery.
- The surgeon will use general or local anaesthesia, so let him know if you are allergic.
- Get some help at home beforehand. When you go back after surgery, your family and house help will ensure that things are within your reach.
How does Recovery look like after Shoulder Replacement at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
- After the shoulder replacement surgery, the doctor will give you an injection for relieving pain.
- The next day after the surgery, the doctor will prescribe you oral medication.
- The day of the surgery itself, you will start your rehabilitation.
- The hospital will discharge you after some days.
- The hospital staff will tie your arm in a sling. You will need to wear it for at least a month.
- The doctor will ask you to avoid activities that will require you to move your arm a lot for a month.
- After approximately six weeks, you will be able to resume your daily chores properly.
- You will not be able to drive for a bit more than a month.
- The doctor will give you follow-up exercises to practice.
- After six months, you can resume all activities.
What are the complications associated with Shoulder Replacement?
As shoulder replacement surgery is a substantial procedure, some complications can arise after it.
- Reaction to anaesthesia
- Ripping in the rotator cuff
- Damage in the nerve or blood vessel
- The components that the doctor inserts can get loose or dislocated.
Doctors practice shoulder replacement surgery widely, and many people undergo this procedure. Your doctor will explain the surgical procedure in detail before the day of shoulder replacement. If you face complications after the surgery, seek medical help again.
The people who should undergo this surgical procedure are:
- People who have become old and did not get relief from pain with exercises
- Severe shoulder pain due to frozen shoulder or degenerative shoulder arthritis
- No relief in the pain even after taking the medicines
- Say goodbye to pain
- Restores the usual motion of the shoulder
- The surgery will bring back the strength in the shoulders
You will require to stay in the hospital for a minimum of three days. The doctor will remove your sutures and the bandages and tie your hand in a sling before the hospital discharges you.