Snoring Treatment in C-scheme, Jaipur
Harsh noise that comes out from your mouth or nose while breathing is snoring. It is quite common and can be a chronic problem. In some cases, snoring can be a symptom of other diseases. It happens more often in men and is more common in people with obesity.
Symptoms of snoring
When snores come along with the following symptoms then it is called obstructive sleep apnea. The symptoms are:
- Pauses in breathing during the sleep cycle
- Waking up in the morning with a dry mouth
- Experiences of headache in the morning
- Restlessness in sleep
- High blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Loud snoring
- Lack of concentration
- Choking or gasping
Causes of snoring
There are various factors that cause snoring, including the anatomy of your mouth and sinuses, consumption of alcohol, different allergies, a cold, and obesity. When an individual progresses from light sleep to deep sleep, the muscles in the mouth named the soft palate, tongue and throat get relaxed. The tissues may block the upper airways while relaxing. The factors that cause snoring are as follows:
- The thickness of neck: People who have thicker necks have thicker airways and they are at higher risk. The airways may be narrower in people who have thicker necks.
- Consumption of alcohol: Consuming too much alcohol before sleep can cause snoring. It may relax the throat muscles and cause blockage in the airway.
- Problems in nasal: Nasal congestion for a long period or a bent or twisted partition between the nostrils may cause snoring.
- Deprivation in sleep. Not getting a proper amount of sleep can further lead the throat to relax which causes snoring.
- Sleep position: Research has shown that snoring is the loudest and occurs most often while sleeping on the back.
When to see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
While experiencing any other symptom with snoring, it is advised to see a doctor in Jaipur. Snoring with other symptoms may indicate obstructive sleep apnea.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Diagnosis of snoring
Diagnosis by the doctor may include the verification of symptoms and signs which the patient is facing. The medical history of the patient will also be verified. The doctor may also perform a physical examination.
Treatment of snoring
To treat snoring, the doctor may recommend lifestyle changes:
- weight loss
- quit alcohol
- quit smoking
- avoid sleeping on the back
If snoring turns out to be because of obstructive sleep apnea, then treatments may include:
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP): it is a device that delivers oxygen through a mask during the sleep cycle. Although it can be uncomfortable or difficult to use a CPAP, with practice and consistency, the patient may get comfortable.
- Oxygen supplement: several devices or machines which work for supplying oxygen to the lungs can be used in some cases of sleep apnea.
- Oral appliances: oral appliances are designed to keep the throat open. They are easier to use as well as effective.
- Adaptive servo- ventilation: this is an approved airflow device that learns the patient’s breathing pattern and stores the information in its inbuilt computer. This prevents pauses in breathing during the sleep cycle.
Snoring is common and easily treatable. It is only a matter of concern if snoring occurs with other symptoms. If snoring occurs with other symptoms then it may be a case of obstructive sleep apnea. It is always advised to see a doctor while experiencing others symptoms with snoring. Obstructive sleep apnea is also easily curable under medical guidance.
If snoring is too loud and is disturbing your sleep or your partner’s sleep and if snoring occurs with other symptoms then, yes it is a problem.
Sleep apnea is an abnormal sleep disorder. It is common and treatable. If your snoring comes along with other symptoms then it may indicate obstructive sleep apnea.
Yes, according to studies, it is found that 40% of men snore, and women who snore are 20% of the total population.
Yes, a different individual may have different snoring sounds. It also depends upon the type of snoring. Studies have found that people with sleep apnea snore at a high frequency.