Knee Replacement Surgeon in Jaipur
Knee replacement is a medical procedure wherein a bad or diseased knee is replaced with an artificial joint (prosthesis) to help bring back movement in the knee joint. It is commonly performed for patients with severe arthritis or knee injury. The aim of knee replacement surgery to restore strength and movement of the knee joint.
At Apollo Spectra, Jaipur, our highly skilled knee replacement surgeons provide patients with the highest quality of comprehensive joint care and exceptional patient service.
Before surgery, blood tests are conducted to evaluate the functioning of the liver and kidneys. Additionally, urine tests may be needed for assessing signs of anaemia, abnormal metabolism or infection. EKGs and Chest X-rays may be performed to rule out lung and heart diseases. Obese people are advised to lose weight to prevent added pressure on the knee which can make the surgery complex.
- Passing urine may be an issue after the surgery and can be aggravated by pain medicines. A catheter is generally inserted into the urethra to allow free passage of urine until the patient becomes mobile.
- Constant pain and discomfort result in restricted movement of the joint.
- Initially, after therapy, the patients will be given crutches or walking sticks to take support whilst walking and a number of exercises are recommended by the doctor to get back into your general routine.
2) Doctors advise exercising to build the strength of the muscles. Swimming is recommended to mostly all patients after the scarring from the surgery has healed. Swimming does not put pressure on your knees and facilitates a full body workout without excess strain on the knees.
3) Patients are advised to keep a check on the wound at all times. Redness, irritation and infection are likely to happen if you do not take proper care of the wound. Patients are advised not to wear tight clothes after surgery. Regular follow-ups are also needed to check the progress.
2) Use heat and ice pack on your knee. In order to reduce inflammation and pain around the knee, you should place an ice pack on the operated area for about 10 to 20 minutes at least two times a day. Once your swelling reduces, you can alternate between an ice pack and a heating pad.
3) Avoid smoking after surgery. Smoking constricts the vessels and prolongs the healing process. Alcohol should also be avoided if you are taking blood thinners or narcotic pain meds.
4) Avoid putting pressure on your operated knee. While standing, the stronger foot should be used and operated leg should not be strained. Too much pressure causes more swelling and bleeding which delays your healing process.
5) Avoid scheduling any other surgeries till your knee has healed properly.
6) In spite of the pain, you should stay strong headed and positive to aid in better mental state and recovery.
At Apollo Spectra, our team consists of experienced, certified and trained joint surgeons who are highly capable of treating patients with the most complex knee replacement cases. We provide state-of-the-art care for all conditions of the knee joint. Our multidisciplinary approach to treatment provides patients with complete care and patient-centric plans curated for effective and ideal outcomes. Whether your condition prompts surgery or not, we provide the highest calibre of knee replacement care using the most advanced and proven modalities to enhance your knee function and mobility.