Circumcision Surgery in C-scheme, Jaipur
Circumcision is a surgical procedure where the foreskin is removed from the top of the penis. This procedure is generally conducted in newborn male children for religious sentiments. However, it can also be performed on older children and adults for the very same reason. But circumcision is also performed due to medical conditions. They include;
- Balanitis: It is a condition where there is a swelling in the foreskin
- Balanoposthitis: It is a condition where the tip of the penis, including the foreskin, becomes inflamed
- Paraphimosis: In this condition, you are unable to return the retracted foreskin to its normal position
- Phimosis: A condition where you are unable to retract the foreskin
One of the most common reasons for circumcision is a religious one as Judaism and Islam require newborn boys to be circumcised.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Circumcision?
To begin with, going through circumcision, a man’s fertility doesn’t get affected. So, keeping that in mind, let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages.
- The risk of UTIs or urinary tract infection goes down in infants
- Decreases the risks of penile cancer
- Decreases risks of cervical cancer and sexually transmitted diseases
- It helps with good genital hygiene
- It can be seen as odd by some
- It can cause pain for some time
- It can lead to complications but in very rare cases
How to Prepare for Circumcision?
This procedure is mostly performed on newborns in the hospitals. If, as a parent, you want to opt for this procedure, you will have to sign a consent form. While for older children or adults too this procedure is performed in the hospital.
How is Circumcision Performed?
Circumcisions should be done by the doctor as they are trained professionals. At Apollo Spectra, Jaipur, we have specialists who have years of experience performing this procedure. In the procedure, anaesthesia is given through an injection or a cream to numb the penis. There are three main techniques of performing a circumcision- Gomco clamp, Plastibell device, and Mogen clamp. The complete procedure takes about 15-30 minutes where their circulation to the foreskin is first cut off and then removed.
When to See a Doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
You must call a doctor if you notice;
- Continued fussiness or irritableness is seen in babies
- If you notice increased pain in children
- Problems with urination
- Foul odour discharge
- increased redness or swelling
- Continuous bleeding
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What Happens After The Procedure?
After the procedure, the doctor would have removed the foreskin and applied ointment, and bandaged it. Like any surgery, this is too painful but medications and anaesthesia help get rid of any discomfort.
What is the Recovery Process?
Once the procedure is done, your doctor will provide you with all the details on how you can care for it. As an adult, you must only return to work and resume normal duties after you feel comfortable and get rid of all pain and discomfort. When it comes to recovery, walking is very helpful.
Are There Any Risks Associated with Circumcision?
Although circumcision is a very safe procedure, just like any surgery, there are some risks associated with it. They are;
- Reaction to anaesthesia
- Excess pain
- The foreskin can get cut too short or too long
- Irritation on tip of the penis
Remember, circumcision is a personal choice and not necessary for good health. However, circumcision also doesn’t negatively impact health and is a safe procedure.
Circumcision must be avoided if you have any medical conditions, are experiencing problems in the penis that will require surgery (as in some cases the foreskin might be required to correct a defect), or were born prematurely.
It takes about eight to ten days.
- It is important to apply petroleum jelly after each diaper change
- Wash the area gently
- Use pain relief only when necessary