A HEALTH CHECK IS THE BEST SAFEGUARD FOR YOUR FAMILY
At Apollo Spectra Hospitals, we offer a range of health check packages designed to assess your current health status and screen you for risk factors for serious and potentially life-threatening conditions. Preventive health checks empower you to take charge of your health and well-being.
- Prevent any medical condition from aggravating and turning into a life-threatening event.
- Plan treatment regimens and medical procedures according to your convenience.
- Save money that you would have otherwise spent on expensive and lengthy medical procedures.
- Remain productive by reducing the number of sick-days a serious and untreated medical condition would have cost you.
Take a look at our health check packages to decide what suits your demographic profile and current health conditions. Meanwhile, read on to find the answers to some of the most common queries people have about our health check packages.
Why Do You Have Separate Health Check Packages for Different Age Groups?
The risk factors for various diseases and medical conditions vary between age groups.
For instance, perimenopausal women or women who are nearing menopause with less-than-adequate levels of vitamin D should be prescribed supplements to prevent bone thinning. That is why we have included screening for total vitamin D levels in our health check package for women in their 40s.
Again, the risk of developing heart disease increases with age. That is why we have included cardiac tests such as TMT or echocardiogram in the health check package for adults above 30 years of age.
Do I Need to Go In for a Health Check If I am Below 30 Years?
You should go in for a health check even if you are below 30 years because preventive screening can diagnose if you are at an increased risk of developing certain diseases.
For instance, genetic mutations may predispose an individual to a condition called hypercholesterolemia where the levels of LDL (“bad cholesterol”) remain high despite the person eating healthy and maintaining healthy body weight.
Again, sudden death is the first sign of coronary artery disease in a young and apparently healthy individual with a familial tendency to have the condition. An early health check can diagnose such a condition. The individual can then undergo a cardiac bypass surgery to prevent a potentially fatal heart attack.
Who Should Avail the Heart Check Package?
We recommend that the following groups of men and women go in for Apollo Heart Check:
- People who have symptoms of heart disease, such as chest pain during rest or after exertion or breathing trouble
- People who have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease, such as a family history of cardiac ailments, being overweight, having diabetes or hypertension, and being a smoker
- People who have had abnormal lipid profile tests, TMT, or echocardiogram
- People who are above 40 years
What Are the Benefits of a Whole Body Check at Apollo Spectra Hospitals?
We recommend people above 45 years get a whole body check.
Our whole body check package consists of comprehensive cardiac screening tests including lipid profiling, lung function test, liver and kidney function tests, blood tests, and urine and stool analyses.
Additionally, the package includes screening for colon or cervical cancer (Pap smear) and breast cancer (sonomammogram) for women. Men who avail of this package are screened for prostate cancer (PSA).
If you are above 45 years, you can benefit from our whole body check package in the following ways:
- You can learn about your vitals and the health of all your major organs by paying a fraction of what you would have paid had you undergone the tests individually.
- You can undergo the tests and obtain the results without having to visit the hospital multiple times. This saves you time and effort.
- You can avail, at no extra cost, of five specialist consultations where doctors can advise you on how you can modify your lifestyle or prescribe medicines based on your test results.
Why Should You Avail the Health Check Packages at Apollo Spectra Hospitals?
You should avail the health check packages at Apollo Spectra Hospitals because:
- We offer customized packages for men and women and for people of different age groups. You can get screened for health conditions that you are at most risk of developing, based on your age, gender, family history, and current medical status.
- We conduct all tests at our NABL-accredited laboratories. We have been verified and certified for our technical competency.
- Availing our customized health check packages ensures you do not waste time, effort, and money that you would have otherwise spent on consulting separate specialists and undergoing the diagnostic tests separately.
- You receive five specialist consultations, at no additional cost, with some of our packages.
- You can avail of tax benefits of up to Rs. 5,000 under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.