Health Checkup Packages in Nehru Enclave, Delhi
Overview of Health check-up
A health check-up is a routine test to check your overall health in the presence of a general medicine specialist near you or a nurse. You need not suffer from any diseases to undergo a health check-up. If you are suffering from any pain or symptoms, you can talk to the doctor about it.
What is a Health check-up?
The kind of health check-up varies with your age as well as gender. The general medicine specialist in Delhi will study your body and counsel you for certain diseases and risk factors.
Health check-ups of adults include:
- Measurement of height and weight
- Examination of nose, mouth, throat, and ear
- Feeling pulse in your neck, groin, or feet
- Checking your body reflexes
- Examine heart, lungs, and blood pressure
- Checking abdomen for any abnormalities
- Feeling your lymph nodes
- Health check-ups of children include:
- Checking vital signs like heart rate, pulse rate, respiration rate
- Measuring the circumference of the head
- Checking fine and gross motor development by asking them to pick small items, walking, climbing, and jumping
- Looking at the eyes, ears, and mouth
- Checking the health of genitals
- Examination of their feet
Why is a health check-up conducted?
A health check-up helps to collect your medical history, surgical history and checks vital signs. It gives you updates about the immunization required in the future. You get the details about preventive measures against diseases based on signs and symptoms shown by your body.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Nehru Enclave, Delhi
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
Benefits of health check-up
A patient's history helps to check lifestyle behaviors like alcohol consumption, smoking, sexual health, and diet. Health check-up has many benefits that include:
- To check the severity of the medical condition
- To check for possible diseases
- It keeps a record of your health
- It determines the further test required by you.
How to prepare for a health check-up?
You must be comfortable, wear loose clothes, minimal jewelry, and make up before the health check-up for the proper examination of your body. The General medicine specialist might ask you a few questions before:
- Medical and surgical history or any allergies
- Current medications, vitamins, minerals, or other supplements
- Results of recent tests or procedures
- Any signs or symptoms
- Immunization history
- Details about any implanted device like pacemaker or defibrillator
- Any congenital or hereditary diseases
How is a Health check-up done?
The General medicine specialist will check your vital signs like blood pressure, heart rate, body temperature, and respiration rate. The health check-up involves various tests:
- Blood pressure-If readings of the sphygmomanometer show 80/120 mm Hg, then you have normal blood pressure. Readings above this indicate hypertension.
- Heart rate-Healthy people have a heart rate between 60 and 100.
- Respiration rate-For a healthy adult, a breathing rate between 12 and 16 is optimum. A higher breathing rate (above 20) indicates heart or lung problems.
- Body temperature-For a healthy individual, the temperature of the body is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Skin test-It detects the signs of skin cancer by studying any suspicious growth or moles.
- Lung examination-A stethoscope checks the breathing sounds and detects the health of your lungs and heart.
- Head and neck examination-It checks your throat, tonsils, teeth, gums, ears, nose, sinuses, eyes, thyroid, lymph nodes, and carotid arteries.
- Abdominal examination-It detects the size of your liver, presence of abdominal fluid, listening to your bowel movements, and palpation for tenderness.
- Neurological examination-It helps to check your reflexes, muscle strength, nerves, and balance.
- Laboratory tests-It includes Complete blood count, cholesterol test, and urinalysis.
- Breast examination-It detects breast cancer in females by checking abnormal lumps, lymph nodes, and abnormalities of nipples.
- Pelvic examination-It helps to examine the vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, and ovaries in females by a PAP test and HPV test.
- Testicular, Penis, and Prostate examination-These examinations detect testicular cancer, warts or ulcers in the penis, and prostate cancer in males.
After health check-up
After the health check-up, your doctor conducts a follow-up via a call or mail. The general medicine specialist will discuss the results of your physical examination and the preventive measures. You might need to undergo further tests or screenings.
You can get a complete health check-up by visiting a General medicine specialist in Delhi. Even if the results after a health check-up are optimum, you must continue exercising and maintain a healthy weight. By following a healthy lifestyle by quitting smoking and avoiding alcohol consumption, you can decrease the risk of diseases in the future.
The doctor will ask you to cough while cupping your testicles. A hernia is a lump due to weakness in the walls of the abdomen that pushes through your scrotum.
On the day of a health check-up, you have to wear a gown. Wear loose, comfortable clothes, and easy to remove.
The four techniques used for the health check-up are inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation.