Saddle Nose Deformity Treatment in Nehru Enclave, Delhi
Nasal deformities are described as abnormalities or anomalies in the structure of the nose which causes breathing trouble and reduced ability to smell. Some signs of nasal deformities include snoring, blockage in the nostrils, nose bleeds or pain in the face.
The treatment for nasal deformity depends on the severity of the deformity. If it is causing trouble in your daily life, then the doctor will perform surgery to restore normal breathing and functioning of the nose.
To know more, you can consult an ENT specialist near you or visit an ENT hospital near you.
What are the types of nasal deformities?
There are many types of nasal deformities. They are:
- Congenital deformities - These are deformities that a person is born with. Cleft palate, weakness in the nose or a deviated septum are a few deformities people are born with. It can cause a change in the physical appearance of the face and nose.
- Enlarged Adenoids - Adenoids are lymph glands found at the back of our nose. They can become inflamed due to infections. These cause difficulty in breathing and normal functioning of the nose.
- Swollen Turbinates - Just like the name suggests, three turbinates are located next to our nostrils. The purpose of the turbinates is to clear air before it goes to our lungs. When the turbinates become inflamed, they can cause trouble breathing.
- Deviated Septum - The septum is the cartilage that divides the nostrils. If the septum is bent to one side, then that can cause breathing trouble.
- Saddle Nose - Also known as boxer's nose, it is the depression of the nasal bridge. This can be caused by accidents, injury or drug abuse.
- Aging Nose - When a person is aging, the nose droops, which can cause the nose to collapse inwards.
What are the symptoms of nasal deformities?
- Loud breathing
- Breathing through the mouth
- Difficulty in breathing
- Trouble eating
- Difficulty in speaking
- Recurrent sinus infections
- Pain in the face
- Bloody nose
What causes nasal deformities?
There are a few factors that commonly cause nasal deformities. They are:
- Congenital diseases - Diseases such as cleft palate are a common cause of nasal deformities and can change the appearance of the nose and face.
- Nasal polyps or tumors
- Injury - Constant fractures, injuries to the nose can cause a depression in the nasal bridge. It can cause trouble breathing and affect the functioning of the nose.
- Weakness in the structure of the nose
- Drooping in the structure of the nose due to age
When do you need to see a doctor?
If you experience any symptoms like bloody nose, frequent infections, trouble breathing, trouble eating, facial pain, then you must visit a doctor in the nearest hospital.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Nehru Enclave, New Delhi. Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How are nasal deformities treated?
- Medications - Medications that are used for treating nasal deformities include:
- Analgesics - These are painkillers that are available over the counter for treating headaches and sinus infections.
- Antihistamines - These medicines are prescribed for treating allergic reactions and runny nose.
- Steroid sprays - These sprays reduce inflammation in the nose.
- Surgery - When medication doesn't help alleviate the symptoms caused by nasal deformities, you can go for surgical interventions. They are:
- Rhinoplasty - This is a surgery wherein the appearance of the nose is changed and improved for proper breathing.
- Septoplasty - This surgery includes straightening the septum in our nose.
The treatment for nasal deformity depends on the severity of the deformity. If it is causing trouble in your daily life, then a doctor will perform surgeries.
Yes. Nasal deformities can cause snoring and loud breathing while you are sleeping.
Yes. If you engage in physical activities or get frequently injured, then it can change the appearance of the nose.
Conducting a physical exam of your nose will allow the doctor to diagnose the problem better.