Tonsillitis Treatment in Nehru Enclave, Delhi
Tonsils act like filters to our breathing system. This pair of glands trap germs that can enter our respiratory system and cause serious infections. Tonsils make antibodies to fight infections and hence, play a crucial role in the normal functioning of our body.
Tonsillitis or inflammation of tonsils is a common medical condition in kids as well as in adults.
Tonsillitis hospitals in New Delhi offer the best treatment options.
What is tonsillitis?
A healthy person has two oval-shaped pads of tissues at the back of the throat called tonsils. Tonsillitis is a medical condition in which inflammation of the tonsils causes difficulty in breathing and swallowing food. Consult ENT doctors in New Delhi for this problem.
What are the types of tonsillitis?
It can be broadly classified into three types:
- Recurrent Tonsillitis: It is a medical condition in which inflammation of tonsils occurs several times a year. Thus, it is termed recurrent tonsillitis.
- Chronic Tonsillitis: It is a medical condition in which a patient suffers from long-time inflammation of the tonsils.
- Acute Tonsillitis: In the case of acute tonsillitis, inflammation can last up to two weeks.
What are the symptoms?
The common symptoms indicating tonsillitis include:
- Stiff neck muscles
- Bad breath
- Swelling in neck or jaw glands
- Pain in ears
- Yellow or white coating on tonsils
- Fever and chills
- Throat tenderness and pain
- Red tonsils
- Painful ulcers or blisters in the mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Issues with swallowing
- Muffled or scratchy noise
Symptoms of tonsillitis in children include:
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Upset stomach
What causes tonsillitis?
The common causes of tonsillitis are bacteria and viruses. These include:
- Streptococcus(strep) bacteria
- Influenza virus
- Parainfluenza virus
- Herpes simplex virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
When do you need to see a doctor?
If you or your child shows the symptoms mentioned above, consult a doctor.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Nehru Enclave, New Delhi.
You can call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the complications from tonsillitis?
- Tonsillar cellulitis: Infection that spreads to the surrounding tissues
- Peritonsillar Abscess: Infection that results in pus collection behind tonsils
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Issues with breathing during sleep
How is tonsillitis treated?
Many doctors prescribe general medication for treating tonsillitis. However, surgery may be needed to get rid of tonsillitis in some cases. Tonsillitis doctors in New Delhi offer the best treatment for tonsillitis.
Tonsillitis is a general medical condition related to the tonsils in the throat. It mainly occurs in young kids and can be treated using medication. Some may require surgery. You may prevent tonsillitis by protecting yourself from infections.
Not all cases of tonsillitis require surgery.
You must avoid oily and sour food during tonsillitis.
Yes, tonsillitis is a painful medical condition.