Tummy Tuck Surgery in Nehru Enclave, Delhi
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a cosmetic surgery that helps remove excess fat from the lower and middle parts of the abdomen. It is a procedure used by surgeons to remove fat from the abdomen and improve its appearance. You can visit the best plastic surgery hospital in Nehru Enclave, Delhi to know more about the surgery.
What is a tummy tuck?
A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty helps remove excess fat from the abdomen. It is usually chosen by people who are not able to lose belly fat through diet or exercise.
The connective tissue around the abdomen is also tightened to give your abdomen a more toned look.
There are several types of abdominoplasty. They are:
- Partial or mini abdominoplasty: This procedure is generally performed on patients who have fat deposits below their navel.
- Complete abdominoplasty: In this procedure, your abdomen will be completely dissected and excess fat will be removed.
- High lateral tension tummy tuck: This is an advanced procedure which allows both horizontal and vertical muscle tightening.
- Floating abdominoplasty: In this procedure, excess skin is taken out through a much smaller roughing in the abdomen.
You can visit a plastic surgery hospital in Delhi to undergo this treatment.
Who can undergo a tummy tuck?
You're an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck if you meet the following criteria:
- You have a stable body weight
- You are unable to get rid of the excess layers in the abdomen even after dieting
- You do not suffer from any existing heart or medical conditions that may interfere with the surgery
- You are a non-smoker
Why is this procedure conducted?
There are several reasons. These include:
- Ageing: As you age, the skin on your body begins to sag and lose elasticity.
- Significant changes in weight: If you've suffered from a sudden weight gain or weight loss, then your skin may be loose around the abdomen.
- Pregnancy: After pregnancy, your abdomen may not go back to its original shape.
- Abdominal surgery: If you've had an abdominal surgery or C-section in the past, even that may contribute to the extra layers on the stomach
When do you need to see a doctor?
If you wish to undergo tummy tuck or belly fat removal surgery, consult your doctor first. He/she will be able to determine whether you are an ideal candidate to get a tummy tuck. Also, make sure that you get all the diagnostic tests and evaluations done before you go for your surgery. Your doctor will also provide you with some specific instructions on how to prepare for your surgery. For consultation, request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Nehru Enclave, New Delhi. Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risks involved in the surgery?
A tummy tuck poses various risks, including:
- Bacterial infections in the stomach after surgery
- Blood clots in the abdomen
- If the blood clots travel to the brain or heart, heart attack or stroke may occur
- Necrosis or discoloration of the skin
- Collection of fluids in the abdomen after removal of drains
- Poor wound healing after the surgery
- Excessive bleeding
What are the benefits of this surgery?
The benefits of tummy tuck are as follows:
- Improved abdominal appearance and body posture
- Reduced chances of urinary incontinence
- Preventis hernias
- Boosts self-esteem
- It can help strengthen core and abdominal muscles
- Improves overall flexibility
- Minimizes the risk of certain medical conditions
A tummy tuck is a safe procedure that rarely leads to any complications. It is chosen by thousands of men and women for removing excess abdomen fat. A tummy tuck is usually long-lasting, if you follow the guidelines advised by your doctor and maintain a stable weight.
No, tummy tuck is a minimally invasive procedure where the doctor will make a small incision on the area to be treated. The doctor will also give anaesthesia before the surgery so that you do not feel any pain. Visit the best plastic surgery hospital in Delhi to know more about the procedure.
Before you go for your surgery, make sure that you undergo all the diagnostic tests suggested by your doctor. Do not take any aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs on the day of the surgery. Avoid alcohol consumption for at least a week before the surgery.
It may take up to one week to completely recover from the procedure. Visit the best plastic surgery hospital in Delhi to know more about the procedure.