Myomectomy for Fibroids Surgery in Chirag Enclave, Delhi
Myomectomy is a surgical method for removing undesirable fibroids from your uterus. It is a standard and simple procedure. Myomectomy doctors in Delhi are trained and help you get expert treatment.
Uterine fibroids are abnormal growths in the uterus that are generally non-cancerous. Myomectomy is an effective procedure to get rid of unwanted fibroids. The operation takes a few hours, and the patient needs to stay in the hospital for a minimum of two days.
The main aim behind myomectomy is to obstruct the growth and symptoms that can cause fibroids and reconstruct the uterus.
Who qualifies for a Myomectomy?
A myomectomy is an ideal option for patients who have fibroids. They may also show other symptoms like-
- Severe pain in the abdomen, legs, and lower back
- Irregular and heavy menstruation
- Pelvic pain and pressure
- Abdominal distension
- Frequent tendency to urine and difficulty while urinating
In some cases of fibroids, you will not feel any significant symptoms or acute pain.
Before a myomectomy, make sure that you do not eat or drink for at least six hours. You should also discuss with the doctor any disease that you are suffering from and the medications.
Why is a Myomectomy conducted?
Myomectomy is conducted for patients who want to retain their uterus but remove the fibroids. It is suggested for the patients who have deeply embedded fibroids and are not cured by the medicines. You can opt for myomectomy if you are planning to get pregnant and fibroids are affecting your fertility.
Different Types of Myomectomy
- Abdominal Myomectomy- in this surgery, low horizontal or vertical incisions are made along the bikini line on the abdomen to reach the uterus and remove the fibroids.
- Robotic Myomectomy- similar to other types of laparoscopic surgeries, small incisions are made on the abdomen and insert the instruments through these cuts. The surgeon operates these instruments and moves them using a console.
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy- it is performed using a laparoscope (a long tube-like instrument with a camera at one end). The doctor makes several minor cuts near the belly button, making way for the laparoscopes and other surgical equipment to enter.
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy- this process is only used for women who have submucosal fibroids. The surgeon inserts the instruments through the vagina and the cervix into your uterus.
In some cases where the fibroids cannot be eradicated, it is cut into pieces and removed through minor cuts.
Benefits of Myomectomy
Many women undergo this procedure because of its following advantages-
- Relief from bothersome symptoms and excessive bleeding and pain
- Improved fertility within a year.
- Lower risk of getting fibroids in the future
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Chirag Enclave, New Delhi
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
Risks of Myomectomy
Myomectomy is quite a simple procedure, but it has its complications like-
- If the cuts are made deep in the uterus, the chances of expected delivery reduce around the uterine wall. The doctor may undergo a C-section to avoid rupturing the uterine wall during labor.
- In rare cases, a tumor is mistaken to be a fibroid. If the tumor is removed by cutting it into small pieces, cancer can spread through the rest of the body.
- In a few cases, there can be excessive bleeding during the surgery. The process becomes more complicated if the patient has anemia. Doctors take all the required measures to avoid loss of blood during the surgery.
- Bands of scars after surgery
- Weakening of uterus
Uterus fibroids can be easily treated with Myomectomy. A specialized doctor and the right medicines will help you in quick recovery.
Uterus fibroids are common, and studies are being conducted to get a deeper understanding of them. To prevent these fibroids, you must include fruits and vegetables in your diet and follow a balanced diet. Also, maintain a healthy weight and exercise regularly.
There are chances that fibroids can regrow after Myomectomy. Your age plays a vital role in it. Younger women have a higher probability of regrowing fibroids.
Operation depends on the complexity and severity of fibroids. Sometimes they get cured by medicines and in others operation is required. Your doctor will advise you on it.