Best Allergies Treatment in Kondapur, Hyderabad
Have you experienced itching of your throat and palms because of food you just had? You might be experiencing allergic reactions and this small guide will help you!
What are allergies?
Allergies are responses to the body's immune system to foreign substances like food, dust, pollen, and more. Our body produces antibodies every time the immune system is under attack. Similarly, when these foreign substances enter our body, the immune system thinks of them as dangers. Hence, the body starts producing antibodies thinking these substances are harmful. Some of the reactions are the inflammation of the skin, constant sneezes, sinuses, and the like.
What are the different types of allergies?
The different types of allergies are as follows;
- Drug allergies
- Allergies due to airborne allergens
- Food allergies
- Contact dermatitis
- Latex Allergy
- Allergic rhinitis
- Allergic asthma
What are the symptoms of allergies?
The symptoms of the allergies depend on the substance that causes them. Allergic reactions can be mild, lasting for a short period. It can also be severe and life-threatening in many cases.
Some of the symptoms are as follows:
- For Hay fever or allergic rhinitis -
- Runny and stuffy nose
- Itchiness on the roof of the mouth, eyes, and nose
- Conjunctivitis or swollen red and watery eyes
- For food allergies -
- Feeling a tingling sensation in the mouth
- A severe life-threatening reaction like anaphylaxis
- Swelling of the mouth - the lips, tongue, face, and throat
- For drug allergies -
- Itchiness of the skin
- Swelling of the face
- Wheezing and Sneezing
- For atopic dermatitis or eczema -
- Reddening of the skin
- Flakiness or peeling of the skin
- Itching of the skin
What are the causes of allergies?
All the causes of allergies are different as the substances involved are different. The underlying cause may vary for everyone. Some of the general triggers for allergies are -
- Airborne allergens - These substances include dust mites, pollen of some flowers, and animal dander
- Food - Seafood, some fruits or vegetables, peanuts, eggs, milk, fish, wheat, and the like
- Insects - Bee stings or wasp stings can cause allergic reactions too
- Drugs and medicines - Antibiotics or ointments can cause allergies
- Substances that cause allergies after touch - Latex or bandages made of some material causes allergic skin reactions
When to see a doctor?
When you face symptoms but do not know the cause, go for a checkup. If you have been able to identify that it is an allergy and over-the-counter medications do not help, see a doctor at Apollo Kondapur. If you face symptoms after starting new medicines, you should talk to the doctor who prescribed them.
For anaphylaxis or serious emergencies, book an appointment with the doctor. Do not neglect the mild ones also. It is always better to show a professional who can help you out.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What are the Risk Factors Surrounding Allergies?
Although sometimes one might not know the underlying causes for allergies, you can be more prone to them than others if:
- You have a family medical history of allergies like eczema, hives, and hay fever
- If you have asthma
- If you are already allergic to some identified substances
What are the Complications Surrounding Allergies?
Having allergies might seem simple, but it makes you prone to several fatal risks, which might create complications. You may develop medical conditions because of allergies like:
- Asthma - If you are allergic to airborne substances and your immune system is mostly on alert, you are more likely to have asthma. Sometimes existing asthma gets triggered and might get very severe.
- Anaphylaxis - If you are sensitive and allergic to some food, drugs, or other substances, you can face anaphylaxis, which is fatal and life-threatening.
- Infections in ears, lungs, and sinusitis - If you have hay fever or asthma, these allergic reactions will show in extreme in your body.
What are the Preventive Methods for Allergies?
Depending on the type of allergies you might have, you can take some preventions. Some of them are as follows:
- Avoid the identified triggers - Even if you have consulted a doctor, avoid these triggers as much as possible. For example, if you are allergic to seafood, try to avoid crabs, sea fishes, oysters, and the like.
- Maintain a journal - When you want to understand the cause or source of your allergic reactions, it is best to maintain a journal. Track your daily activities and notice if you can identify triggers. Your doctor will help you with this.
What is the Treatment for Allergies?
- Avoiding allergens - You will require to avoid the allergens that trigger you once you identify them. Preventions are the best treatment in case of allergies.
- Medicines - Your doctor will give you medicines depending upon the intensity of your allergic reactions. Your doctor may prescribe nasal sprays, eye drops, pills, or other over-the-counter medication.
- Immunotherapy - Your doctor will ask you to undergo immunotherapy if you face continuous allergic reactions. You will get a series of injections with the purified allergen extracts to boost your immune system. For some pollen allergies, your doctor will give you a sublingual to keep under the tongue.
- Epinephrine shot - If you get an allergic reaction, this epinephrine shot will come to your rescue during emergencies.
Some people take allergies casually as they feel they are not that harmful. But it might take a different turn and become severe. Do not wait for the worsening of the situation and visit a doctor when you notice a symptom.
The allergic reaction because of food might last for a day or two at maximum. If you face a second wave, then consult a doctor immediately.
Use a tracking journal to understand what might cause it. Your doctor might ask you to undergo blood tests and skin tests like a scratch test to find the cause of the allergy.
Everyone develops allergies when their immune systems are compromised. Allergies don't come into existence right after you are born. When you face the triggers, allergies come into existence.