Neck Pain Treatment in Kondapur, Hyderabad
Neck pain is a familiar health problem that affects the physical and social aspects of an individual. It causes a discrete number of health conditions ranging from mild to severe.
The general symptoms may include headaches, inability to move or life objects, sore or stiff neck. The pain, which ranges from decent to restrained pain, is treated at home, but it might indicate a serious underlying disorder if the pain is severe.
What is Neck pain?
Neck pain is a musculoskeletal dysfunction that causes prolonged distress, sleeping or sitting in an uncomfortable position, repetitive movement, an injury due to an accident or fall, or chiropractic adjustments.
Neck pain has an abundance that ranges from 16.7% to 75.1% of the population in the world. It is a crucial disability in day-to-day existence that impacts an individual's well-being and work in many countries.
Neck pain causes headaches, numbness, depletion of strength in the arms, arthritis, fibromyalgia or, in rare cases, tumours and infections.
What Are the Symptoms of Neck Pain?
Neck pain may be acute to chronic, depending on the severity of the pain. The pain is characterized in two ways, axial and radical. In axial pain, it can be restricted only to the neck region. Radicular pain radiates and extends from the neck to parts like arms and shoulders .
Neck pain may have the following symptoms:
- Lifting or holding objects
- Stiffness of the neck
- A sensation of sharp pain in the lower neck
- Discomfort while moving the neck side to side
- Numbness in the arms or hands
- Decrease in the strength of the arms and hands
When Does Neck Pain Typically Develop?
The onset of neck pain is developed in the following ways:
- Without prior warning: The neck pain might occur suddenly without any accidents or fall. It can start at the time of the day without an evident reason.
- After an accident: When you sleep on one side of the neck for a long time, it induces neck pain. This also occurs if there has been an accident, for example, a car or bike accident. Neck pain also arises due to falling, for instance, falling from stairs.
- Neglecting medical treatment: Sometimes, when there is a delayed medical treatment to the injury, it might make the pain severe and indicate chronic disorders such as arthritis or bone spurs.
- With age: It is observed that the people who have desk jobs tend to have neck pain more than the rest. Also, age might serve as a factor for Neck pain.
What Are the Causes of Neck Pain?
In order to determine the effective treatment for neck pain, it is necessary to discover the root of the medical condition behind the cause.
Causes of Acute Neck Pain:
- While working on the computer for a long time, poor posture or uncomfortable sitting position might cause pain.
- Looking at the phone or tablet for an extended period continuously.
- Sleeping in an awkward position or tilting the head at an uncomfortable angle results in the stiffness of the neck.
- Overuse of the neck’s muscles while swimming, exercising or dancing might affect the tendons and ligaments.
- A bad fall or an accident.
Causes of Chronic Neck Pain:
- Heart Attack: Neck pain can be a symptom of a heart attack. It occurs with shortness of breath, vomiting or sweating.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Neck pain is the result as it causes bone spurs.
- Herniated Cervical Disc: During an injury, the disc becomes protruded. It results in nerve rupture due to the pressure on the spinal cord.
Rare Causes of Neck Pain:
- Emotional distress
- Degenerative Spondylolisthesis
- Old age
- Challenging sports
When to See a Doctor?
The neck pain can be treated with home remedies or with the help of a local physician if the pain is mild. There is no need to opt for surgical methods. However, if the neck pain persists even after treating it for a week, it is recommended to seek professional advice at Apollo Kondapur without delay.
You should see a doctor if the following symptoms persist:
- Swollen glands
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Radiating pain in your arms
- Bladder dysfunction
- Unexplained weight loss
In case of trauma or injury, seek medical attention immediately.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
How is Neck Pain Diagnosed?
Your doctor will diagnose the problem based on the physical exam. During the session, your doctor will make sure there is any numbness, depletion of the strength or lumps in the neck.
Your doctor makes sure he knows your medical history and asks you if you had any recent physical activity or accident which resulted in the Neck pain.
In rare cases, if the pain persists after the primary diagnosis, your doctor will take imaging of the structures of your neck. For example, the following tests are added to the list:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Computer tomography scan (CT)
- Blood tests
- Nerve conduction study
- Lumbar puncture
How Can We Treat Neck Pain?
If the pain is decent and mild, the following home remedies are treated as an option
- Resting for an amount of time
- Applying ice or heat packs
- Physical therapy
- Correct posture while working
- Quitting smoking
- Neck massages
If the pain persists and the doctor successfully diagnoses the problem, then surgery may be performed. It is not required unless there is a compression of the spinal cord or the nerve root. Surgery usually includes the removal of the necessary tissue which is pressuring the nerves. It is usually performed to decompress the disc, repair the discs in your spine.
- Chiropractic adjustments or manipulations
- Electrical nerve stimulations
- Massage therapy
Neck pain is so common that it occurs in one in three people every year. Most of them experience neck pain due to inadequate posture and muscular distress.
Do not delay the treatment if the neck pain does not ease with time. Make an appointment with your doctor.
Warrior II pose, extended triangle pose, cow face pose, Thread the needle pose, Sphinx poses are a few of the poses that help relieve neck pain.
Using proper posture while working, quitting smoking, meditation, exercises, avoiding sleeping at a wrong angle, restricting using the phone with hunched shoulders help prevent neck pain with time.
Chiropractors do not prescribe medications. If you are looking for natural pain relief, chiropractic care can bring a balance to the body. They perform a technique called Spinal Adjustment, which repairs the alignment to the spine.