Rehabilitation Treatment in Kondapur, Hyderabad
People across the globe suffer from various health conditions. Diseases and other injuries have affected the quality of their life and have taken a toll on their health. They have lost their mental, physical and cognitive abilities because of trauma, disease or injury. They are not able to participate in daily activities.
Rehabilitation is a process that helps a person to improve his physical, mental and cognitive abilities. Rehab will help to restore the quality of your life. There are different activities in rehabilitation. These activities are designed according to the needs of the affected individual. Rehabilitation will help you to regain your lost independence and abilities.
What happens in rehabilitation?
During a rehabilitation program, your doctor at Apollo Kondapur will diagnose your problem. He or she will find out the goals and design a treatment plan for you. There are different treatments in a rehabilitation program.
- Different devices, tools and instruments can be used to help you if you are suffering from disabilities of movement. These devices are called assistive devices.
- If you are suffering from cognitive disabilities, your doctor may recommend cognitive rehab therapy to improve your lost skills like learning, thinking, decision making, planning and memory.
- Music therapy can also be used to help you to express your thoughts, feelings and improve your social skills.
- If you are suffering from some mental problems, mental health therapy may be used to improve your mental hygiene.
- If you are suffering due to a poor diet or lack of nutrition, you will be given nutritional counselling to improve your health conditions.
- Physical therapy is used to restore your mobility and strength. This will also help you to improve your fitness.
- To enhance or restore your emotional well-being, recreational therapies can be used. In this therapy, you will be provided with arts, games or crafts.
- If you are having trouble speaking, the speech-language theory will be given to you. It will help you to understand, read, write and swallow.
- If you want to build your skills before joining a school or a job, vocational rehabilitation therapy will prove fruitful. This therapy will help you to enhance and build the skills required in a job or an institution.
- If you are suffering from severe pain, there are treatments and therapies for pain. These treatments will ease your pain.
- Drug addiction can also be treated in a rehabilitation program.
Rehabilitation programs can be done in a hospital, clinic or in the centre.
What are the benefits of a rehabilitation program?
The benefits of a rehabilitation program include:
- If you are suffering from mental health issues, a rehab plan can be useful.
- If you are facing any trouble with movements in any part of your body, it will help to restore your mobility.
- Emotional problems can also be treated in a rehab program.
- Pain can also be treated.
- If you want to enhance your social skills, rehab can help you.
- It will help you to maintain a nutritional diet.
- It will help you to express your thoughts and feelings.
- It will open the door to improve your reading, writing and thinking skills.
- It may help you to speak and understand.
- It will help you to regain your strength and fitness.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What are the side effects of rehabilitation?
- Muscle pain
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Breathing problems
How to prepare for a rehabilitation program?
- If you are taking other medications, inform your doctor.
- If you are pregnant, your doctor should know.
- If you are a patient with high blood pressure or diabetes, you should tell your doctor.
- You should be mentally prepared before going to rehabilitation.
- Inform your friends and family before the rehab program.
Rehab is sometimes necessary when all other means fail. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to speak to your doctor.
Yes, rehabilitation is safe and will help to improve your physical, mental and cognitive abilities.
A rehab program depends on the treatment and severity of the injury, damage or addiction. It can take a few days or a few months.
Physical therapies can cause pain in your muscles but with time, it will improve.