Breast Augmentation Surgery in Kondapur, Hyderabad
Breast augmentation is a surgery performed to change the shape and size of the breast. The surgeon will put breast implants to increase the size of your breast.
What Is Breast Augmentation Surgery?
A breast augmentation surgery is a type of cosmetic surgery done to increase the size of the breast or make your breasts symmetrical. During the surgery, the doctor can either transfer fat from another part of the body or use a breast implant.
Why Breast Augmentation Surgery Is Done?
Breast augmentation surgery may be done for different reasons. Some of the common reasons for breast augmentation surgery at Apollo Kondapur are:
- Simply to enhance the size of the breasts
- Women who have smaller breasts and look disfigured
- Women who have asymmetrical breasts
- Women whose breasts are not fully developed even after puberty
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What Is The Procedure Of Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is mostly performed in an outpatient surgical unit. You can go back home the same day after the surgery. Your doctor will give you some instructions to follow before the procedure. The surgery is done by giving you general anaesthesia.
He can make an incision below your breast, in the underarm, or the tissues surrounding your nipples to insert the breast implant.
The surgeon will separate the tissue of your breast and chest and make a hole to place the implant.
After placing the implant, the surgeon will close the incision and bandage securely. You may be kept for observation for a few hours after which you can go back home.
What Are The Risks And Complications Of Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Some risks and complications may occur with breast augmentation surgery. They are;
- Excessive bleeding and bruising at the site of incision
- Severe pain in the chest
- Infection at the site of surgery
- Scar tissue may be formed inside the breast
- Rupture at the site of implant
- Uncomfortable feeling in the chest
- Fluid formation around the implant
- Delayed healing of the incision
- Discharge of pus from the incision site
What To Expect After Breast Augmentation Surgery?
After the breast augmentation surgery, your doctor will ask you to put a bandage to compress the breasts or wear a sports bra for a few days.
- He will give you medication for reducing pain and discomfort.
- He will also give you instructions when you can return to work. Generally, you can go back to work after a few days.
- The doctor will advise you to avoid strenuous exercise for a few days.
- You may have to follow up with your doctor after a few days or for the removal of the stitches.
- Generally, breast implants offer long-lasting results but a guarantee is not offered. You have to keep a follow-up to replace implants in the future.
What Are The Different Types Of Implants?
There are many different types of implants available. You can choose the breast implant as per your needs and preference.
The outer shell of these implants is made of silicone and inside is filled with sterile salt water. These implants give a natural feel and shape to the breasts.
Structured saline implants
These implants are similar to the normal saline implants but they have a better internal structure that helps to make your breasts look more natural.
The outer shell of these implants is made of silicone and the inside is filled with silicone gel. These are more popular because they give a more natural feel than saline implants.
Cohesive gel silicone implants
These have a well-defined internal structure and are an upgraded brand of silicone implants. They do not leak easily and make your breasts look fuller and round.
Breast augmentation surgery is a type of surgical procedure done to improve the shape and make your breasts look bigger. Different types of implants are used to change the appearance of your breasts. You can choose the right implant as per your personal preference.
Yes, you can feed your baby after breast augmentation surgery as the surgery does not affect milk production from your breasts.
Recovery time may differ from patient to patient. Generally, it may take two to three days to resume normal activities after surgery.
You will not feel anything during the surgery as it is done by giving general anaesthesia.