Lab Services Treatment & Diagnostics in Kondapur, Hyderabad
What are lab services?
These are the services that are available to the patients under doctor's recommendation. They are used in order to find out the reason for various symptoms in a person. There are few lab services that are common, they are the following:
- Urine test
- Thyroid profile
- Lipid profile
- Complete blood count
What are these tests?
- Urine test: The doctor advises a patient for urinalysis as he/she might be facing issues related to the urinary tract. In this the urine samples are taken and then they are tested under microscope for the metabolic, kidney disorders or urinary tract infections. The test also shows further things:
- It determines the ph level of your urine
- It determines the presence of bacteria
- It determines the presence of crystals
- It determines amount of urine concentration
- It determines the urine measure and protein measure
The results of the tests will take out any abnormalities, then you might be asked to consult your doctor.
- Thyroid profile: This is advised by the doctor to the patients when the doctor wants to measure the level of Thyroid glands. Thyroid glands are situated in the front of the neck. This hormone helps to measure a hormone that helps in regulating the body's metabolism.
- Lipid profile: This is advised by the doctor to you when he suspects the risk of any heart disease. If you are undergoing any Lipid profile test, you will be tested through the following:
- HDL cholesterol
- LDL cholesterol
These profile ranges will help the doctors to find the reasons for your symptoms. The blood will be drawn through this test. In this test you are not allowed to eat or drink anything other than water. If you still have doubts regarding the test, it's better to consult a doctor for the same.
- Complete blood count : complete blood count is well known as CBC. It is conducted as a routine exam. It is done to check if there is any loss of blood, infections, and how you respond to the treatments. In this test, your blood will be derived and the number of blood counts will be taken and hence they will show the number of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. When the results are over, it is better to consult a doctor for further treatments.
- Cultures: These are the tests that are done to diagnose ailments related to the liver. By using the help of cultures, ailments like pneumonia, urinary tract infections can easily be detected. For this, you don't have to fast for a urine sample that will be taken.
- Liver panel: this is a test that is conducted by the doctors in order to diagnose problems related to the liver. It will leave your doctor to know how the liver is functioning and it can also show the presence of a tumor.
When to see a doctor?
If you notice any side effects after the test, you must see a doctor immediately. The tests are conducted to help treat any symptoms you may be suffering from.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
Why do some tests require fasting?
If you are eating things that are increasing the blood sugars, it will harm the tests. Therefore, before any tests one must consult the lab technician or your doctor to ask whether to have a fast before the test or not.
Lab services are important for the ailment of any disease as they help the doctors to diagnose various problems and rectify them as soon as possible for the patients.
Yes, the lab tests results are accurate
In most of the cases it is allowed to take medication before the tests, but it's important that you discuss this with your doctor before applying it.