Erectile Dysfunction Treatment & Diagnostics in Kondapur, Hyderabad
The inability to maintain your erection firm enough for sex is known as erectile dysfunction. Having erection trouble at times is not a problem. But if the issue continues for a longer period, it can cause stress, lower your confidence, cause relationship problems, etc. If you are having trouble keeping your erection, it can also mean that there are some underlying health problem that needs treatment. Talk to your doctor at Apollo Kondapur to cure the condition.
What are the symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction may show the following symptoms:
- You will have trouble with an erection.
- You will have trouble holding/keeping your erection.
- Your sexual desire will reduce.
What are the causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
Sexual arousal in men is a complex process that involves the hormones, brain, emotions, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels. There are many causes for erectile dysfunction. But mental health and stress can worsen the problem. The causes of erectile dysfunction can be divided into two parts, physical and psychological.
- Erectile dysfunction can be caused if you are having heart disease.
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis).
- High cholesterol can also cause erectile dysfunction.
- High blood pressure.
- People with Parkinson’s disease.
- Substance abuse.
- Low level of testosterone.
- Injuries in the spine or pelvic area.
The psychological causes can be triggered in many different ways worsening the issue. Following are the causes:
- Mental health conditions, stress, depression, etc. can worsen the situation even if the dysfunction is of no concern and can be easily treated.
When to visit a Doctor?
You need to visit a doctor or a medical person if you are having any of the following issues:
- Having a problem keeping an erection or other problems such as premature or delayed ejaculation.
- Having a disease like diabetes, heart disease can be linked to erectile dysfunction.
- Other symptoms are present along with the dysfunction.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What are the risk factors?
Various risk factors that can contribute to erectile dysfunction are;
- Medical condition: Having diabetes and heart conditions can be linked to erectile dysfunction.
- Overweight: Being overweight or particularly obese can be the reason for erectile dysfunction.
- Injuries: Injuries in the spine or pelvic area, damage in the nerves that cause erection can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Medications: Some medications can cause or lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Alcohol and drugs: Heavy drug or alcohol abuse can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Psychological conditions: Stress, depression, anxiety, etc. can lead to erectile dysfunction.
What are the Complications?
Some of the complications that can arise because of erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- Stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Having a problem to get intimate or unsatisfactory sex life.
- Reduce self-confidence.
- Relationship problems.
- Inability to get your partner pregnant.
- You will have trouble holding/keep your erection.
What Prevention can you take?
The best way is to live a healthy lifestyle and manage any existing health problems. For example:
- Manage heart issues, diabetes, and other diseases by working along with your doctor.
- Go for regular checkups and medical screening.
- Quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption and stop taking any illegal drugs.
- Daily exercise and meditation.
- Go for counselling or visit a psychologist if necessary.
Erectile dysfunction is an issue that can cause a lot of stress and lower your self-confidence but there are many easy ways to treat it. You can also try to prevent it by living a healthy lifestyle, opting for regular checkups, etc. Solving any underlying disease can also treat erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction in a man can be cured by the use of medicine and a proper lifestyle. Treating underlying problems such as heart disease, diabetes, etc. can also cure erectile dysfunction.
A man with erectile dysfunction can suffer from anxiety, stress, and depression. His self-confidence also reduces because of this.