Best Arthritis Care Treatment in Kondapur, Hyderabad
Arthritis refers to a medical condition that is characterized by swelling and tenderness of one or more joints in your body. The condition showcases symptoms of pain and stiffness in joints which may get aggravated with age.
There are different types of arthritis, each stemming from a different cause. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Treatments available for arthritis may vary depending on its type. Although, the main goals of these treatments are to reduce symptoms and improve the quality of life. Arthritis is a very common condition, especially with the older generation and more than 10 million cases of arthritis are recorded per year in India.
What are the Treatments Available for Arthritis?
The main aim of any treatment available for arthritis is to reduce the amount of pain and prevent additional damage to the joints. Preferences may vary for different people, while some may find heating pads and ice packs helpful, others may prefer mobility assistance devices, like canes or walkers. You may be prescribed a combination of treatments to achieve the best results.
Following treatments are available for arthritis;
- Analgesics can be effectively used for pain management, but it does not help with inflammation.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil) and salicylates can be used to control both pain and inflammation. Salicylates help with thinning the blood.
- Menthol or capsaicin creams help in blocking the transmission of pain signals from your joints.
- Immunosuppressants can be opted to help reduce inflammation.
Surgery can be recommended in case your joints need replacement. The joints are replaced with artificial ones. It is commonly performed to replace hips and knees.
Physical therapy involves exercises that can help strengthen the muscles and core of the affected joints.
What are Self-management Tips While Suffering from Arthritis?
- Plan and organize your treatment: keep a track of your medication, its side effects, the visible symptoms, and the progress so that the doctor can help you put up a plan that works best for you. You may use a tracker or organizer to keep the information clear and simple.
- Manage pain in the best way: letting the pain take over your lifestyle can widely affect your health, both physically and mentally. Be sure to get prescribed medication for pain from your doctor at Apollo Kondapur and join pain therapies if need be.
- Your emotions are as important as your physical health: any medical condition can take a toll on your mental health. You need to let out your emotions rather than bottling them up. This will not only make your head feel lighter. Your physical health will benefit greatly from it as well.
- Take care of the fatigue: arthritis and its symptoms can wear out your body. Fatigue may take over because of a medical condition or just the stress of living with it but it is very important to fight the fatigue and keep your body active to heal from the condition.
- Practice improved sleep: pain can lead to troubled sleep. And poor sleep can further aggravate your condition. Practice sound sleep. If you are not able to sleep well at night, try covering the time by taking sleep during the day.
- Keep your body active: while in pain, this may not be something on your priority list, but exercise will help. Exercise helps strengthen muscles that support your painful joints, keep your joints mobile, and also helps you get restful sleep. Get in touch with the doctor before you hit yourself with more powerful stretches and jumps than your body can handle.
- Eat a balanced diet: Eating a healthy diet is equally important. Choose a diet with lots of antioxidants, such as fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs. This will help reduce inflammation. Other helpful food items include fish and nuts. Avoid fried and processed food items along with dairy products.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
Although arthritis cannot be cured, it is important to get the necessary treatment as it can help improve the quality of life.
The main aim of any treatment available for arthritis is to reduce the amount of pain and prevent additional damage to the joints. Preferences may vary for different people, while some may find heating pads and ice packs helpful, others may prefer mobility assistance devices, like canes or walkers.