Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment in Kondapur, Hyderabad
The sacroiliac joint in the body connects the hip to the sacrum bone in the pelvis region. The SI joint functions to absorb shocks from the body, mainly between the upper body and the legs. This pain occurs when the sacroiliac bones don’t function properly. It is a condition that’s common among adults with too much or too little movement.
What are sacroiliac joint and SI pain?
As mentioned above, sacroiliac joints are the joints connecting the hip bone to the spine. They act as shock absorbers in the body that protect you from sudden shocks of the body, like jumping or running. The sacroiliac joint is a naturally mobile joint that moves up and down to provide easy mobility to the body. When these joints don't function well, people can experience pains in their lower body while performing daily tasks.
What are the common symptoms of Sacroiliac joint pain?
This pain can cause persistent pain or the one that’s triggered at a certain time. People experiencing this joint pain usually have one or more of the following symptoms.
- Imbalance walking, standing or sitting
- Lower back pain
- Rigid bones
- Restricted movement due to pain
- Extreme pain like Sciatica
- Pain that travels to other body parts
How is sacroiliac joint pain caused?
These connecting bones can stop functioning or start to dysfunction, causing a lot of problems. This condition is usually triggered by-
- Harsh Injury- If you’ve had a recent injury in the pelvis region, it may dislocate the joints and cause them to malfunction causing a sacroiliac pain
- An infection somewhere in the body- infection in some rare cases can cause this joint to stop functioning properly
- A condition called arthritis, usually in older adults- A bone inflammation or stiffness in the joints can give rise to SI.
- Extreme and sudden weight gain- Since these bones help balance your body, sudden weight gain can cause a lot of pressure on these bones, making them dysfunctional.
- Complications of pregnancy- pregnant women going through complications can get this joint pain due to extreme pressure and shock in the body.
When should you see a doctor?
It is better to visit a doctor at Apollo Kondapur in case you’re having pain while standing, or sitting that is making your everyday life difficult. It’s advised to not wait for the pain to get worse. You should immediately see a doctor if you get frequent lower back pains.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
Which risk factors are included for sacroiliac joint pain?
There are some factors that can give rise to your lower back pain, in some cases, it might be sacroiliac pain. The main risk factors include;
- Being obese- Obesity is one of the most common reasons for getting SI joint pain. When the joints can’t take the weight of your body, it results in the malfunctioning of various functions of the body.
- Complicated pregnancy- The complications can cause trauma for the body and pressure that can dislocate or stop the proper functioning of the SI joint
- Recent surgery- if you’ve had surgery on the hip joint or spin it is possible to get a sacroiliac joint pain
- Low bone density- Sometimes, having a low bone density can also cause the joints to not sit properly and cause tingling pain in your lower back.
What are the complications of SI joint pain?
Due to extreme and persistent pain, one can become an insomniac. The thought of not being able to do regular activities can cause one to become depressed in some rare cases.
How to prevent SI pain?
This pain in the bone is caused due to several factors but in general, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is advised to avoid it. There are some factors one can control to prevent this traumatizing joint pain-
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Regular lifestyle
- Regulating weight
- Maintaining bone density
How is sacroiliac joint pain treated?
The SI joint pain can be treated in several ways. It can be treated at home or could require medical attention. Doctors may put you on some pain-relieving medicines, therapies and in some opt for cases surgeries.
How to treat SI joint pain at home?
If your Joint pain is triggered, as a first-aid you may be advised to take proper rest and some flexibility exercises to relieve the pain. Although, it is always advised to take proper guidance from medical professionals.
The SI joint pain is severe and can cause mental tensions as well. Thus, it is important for the caretakers to make them feel better and loved. One can always opt for healthy lifestyle changes to avoid such situations in future after recovery.
Yes, you can if you don’t have much pain by taking proper rest and ice/hot packs. Exercises can also help increase the flexibility of the joint.
In some cases, it may require surgery. Although it’s very rare and the pain can be managed with medicines and a healthy lifestyle.
You can approach Orthopedic or Rheumatologists for your joint pains depending upon your causing factors.