Mastopexy Procedure in Kondapur, Hyderabad
A mastopexy procedure (or breast lift) is a surgical procedure in which a woman’s breasts are lifted to create a more balanced looking breast.
What is Mastopexy?
As you get older, your breasts lose their firmness. In this procedure, a plastic surgeon at Apollo Kondapur raises and reshapes your breasts to give them a firmer, rounder look. The surgery also removes extra skin around your breast and reduces the size of your areola.
How to prepare for a Mastopexy procedure?
- Consult with a plastic surgeon and discuss your goals.
- The surgeon will discuss with you the probable risks and benefits of the procedure.
- Your surgeon will give you information for preparing that will help lower the risk of complications. e.g. - stop smoking.
- Start planning and arrange for help for the recovery period.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kondapur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
How is the Mastopexy procedure performed?
- The surgeon will mark the position where your nipple will be.
- Then, local or general anaesthesia is administered to relax you and relieve pain.
- The surgeon will make a cut around the areola and will lift and reshape your breasts.
- The surgeon will move your areolas to the right position and will remove extra skin.
- The surgeon will close the incisions with stitches or surgical tape.
What are the Benefits of Mastopexy?
- Firmer Breast Appearance
When we lift the breasts, we provide them with new support so they can maintain their firm appearance.
- Improved Nipple Projection
By reshaping the breasts, we can also reposition the nipple-areolar.
- More Attractive Breast Shape
By lifting the breast tissue, we are able to restore a more attractive breast shape.
- Youthful Breast Appearance
With a breast lift, we can restore that youthful breast you desire.
- Reduced Under Breast Irritation
During your breast lift, we can also perform a minor breast reduction to improve painful irritating.
What are the Side Effects of Mastopexy?
After the surgery, call your doctor if you have the following side effects:
- breasts are red and warm to touch
- fever over 101°F
- blood or fluid seeping through your cut
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
he side effects are rare, but you will need immediate medical intervention.
What are the Risks and Complications of Mastopexy?
A breast lift can cause a few risks, such as;
- blood collecting in the breasts
- poor healing of incisions
- loss of feeling in the breast or nipple
- uneven breasts
- blood clots
- loss of some of the nipple and areola
Am I a Good Candidate?
You are not a good candidate for mastopexy if;
- If you are planning for pregnancy.
- If you had recurrent breast cancer.
- If you are obese or have diabetes
- If you are addicted to smoking
- If you have contracted implants after breast augmentation
The outcome varies from patient to patient. You may have some scars on your breasts, but they will fade over time.
The results of mastopexy can easily last a decade if the procedure is performed when you are younger.
After your mastopexy, avoid taking any drugs for at least 72 hours.