Orthopaedic doctor in Kanpur
Orthopaedics is a branch of medical science where the orthopaedic doctor focuses on diagnosis, correction, prevention, and treatment of the patients suffering from various skeletal abnormalities. This includes the deformities or the disorders of the bone, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and also nerves. Our body’s musculoskeletal system is very complex, and when the musculoskeletal system functions properly, you are able to remain active, work, and move. Did you know? Once upon a time, orthopaedic doctors used to treat only children, however, today, they treat patients of any age group. Orthopaedists are the doctors who treat orthopaedic conditions.
Orthopaedists treat a wide range of disorders, such as fractures, sprains, torn ligaments, pulled muscles, lower back pain, etc. The general skills of an orthopaedist include;
- Providing diagnosis for your condition accurately, by performing various tests if necessary
- Providing treatment with the help of medicines, therapy, exercises, etc.
- Rehabilitation by providing physical or exercise therapy
- Offering preventive measures and educating the patient about all the various orthopaedic disorders
Mostly, an orthopaedist will try to offer non-surgical treatments to rectify a disorder. But, sometimes surgery becomes mandatory to restore the function, which at present is not doing a thorough job. This can be due to an injury or a disease. In some cases, the orthopaedist will work closely with other professionals for a complete treatment.
- Arthroscopy – It is a minimally-invasive procedure, which helps examine or provide surgical treatments on the joints. An arthroscope is a device, which can be inserted inside the body after a tiny incision.
- Today, because of cellular research, our orthopaedic surgeons are trying to stimulate growth, in order to grow a ligament or bone in a patient. Therefore, the future of orthopaedics looks bright.
- The orthopaedic department has made remarkable advancement in the surgical technique of the degenerative joint diseases. For instance, the orthopaedic surgeons have started replacing the diseased joints with a prosthetic device.
- Also, various research is still in progress and one of them is on the growth of articular cartilage, which can decrease the need to opt for joint replacement.
When you visit an orthopaedic doctor in Kanpur, at Apollo Spectra, he or she will first conduct a physical evaluation, followed by a mini-personal interview to understand your condition and to narrow down your disorder. After that to diagnose the condition properly, x-rays, blood tests, scans, etc., may be conducted. After the diagnoses are clear, your specialist will prescribe medications, casts, splints, or therapies according to the problem. Today, for any ortho condition, you will see that more than one treatment method is available.
- Arthritis – It is the inflammation of the joints.
- Osteoarthritis – is a common form of arthritis where the joint cartridge breaks down.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – chronic inflammation of the joints
- Bursitis – It is the inflammation of the bursa, which is a cushion present between the tissues of the body.
- Elbow pain and problems
- Foot pain and problems
- Lower back pain
- Injuries of the bone
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Tennis elbow – where the tendons of the wrist swell
- Fibromyalgia – A condition, which causes pain in muscles and soft tissues in the body.