ENT refers to the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, and throat disorders. We know ear, nose, and throat specialists as otolaryngologists. ENT doctors in Kanpur assess and treat patients from all age groups. They perform many surgical and diagnostic procedures.
What should you know about ENT?
An ENT surgeon in Kanpur treats ear disorders like middle ear infections, hearing problems, vertigo, and other kinds of ear infections. The surgeon may also treat nose conditions such as nasal polyps, sinus infections, nasal obstruction, injuries of the nose, and conditions associated with the sense of smell.
Doctors at ENT hospitals in Kanpur treat several throat conditions, including tonsillitis, airway obstructions, adenoid problems, infections of the upper respiratory tract, and breathing issues during sleep. ENT doctors in Kanpur may treat oral cancers and cancers that affect sinuses, nose, and throat.
Who qualifies for ENT treatment?
You should seek treatment at any of the reputed ENT hospitals in Kanpur if you have any of the following problems:
- Recurrent infection of tonsils
- Abnormal growth in ear, nose or throat
- Frequent ear infections
- Pain and inflammation of sinuses
- Deformity in the wall between nostrils
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Facial injuries
- Nasal allergies
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Snoring or breathing problems during sleep
- Nasal polyps
Visit an expert ENT surgeon in Kanpur for an assessment of your problem and suitable treatment.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Call 18605002244 to book an appointment.
Why are the ENT procedures conducted?
ENT surgeons in Kanpur perform a variety of surgical and diagnostic procedures. Some of these are:
- Tonsillectomy - It is the surgical removal of tonsils that are prone to frequent infections.
- Audiometry - Audiometry treatment in Kanpur assesses an individual's hearing abilities following hearing loss.
- Cochlear implant - The procedure restores or improves the ability to hear sounds and understand speech.
Apart from these, an ENT specialist also performs procedures to detect and treat head and neck problems, thyroid disorders, larynx disorders, septum deviation, and a broad range of ENT infections.
What are the benefits of ENT procedures?
ENT hospitals in Kanpur provide several options to diagnose and treat ear, nose, and throat disorders. These include eardrum repair, removal of thyroid glands, surgeries to correct sinus disorders, and tonsillectomy. ENT surgeons can also detect and treat the cause of vertigo and dizziness.
Advanced diagnostic procedures, such as laryngoscopy, biopsy, and audiometry, facilitate early diagnosis. ENT procedures help patients get relief from recurrent or chronic infections, such as tonsillitis, sinusitis, and middle ear infections. ENT doctors in Kanpur use cochlear implants to treat hearing problems. It enables an appropriate treatment for complex disorders. Visit any established ENT hospital in Kanpur for a thorough assessment.
What are the risks or Complications of ENT surgeries?
- Post-surgical infections - Infections are possible as any surgery involves opening the internal structures. Proper care of maintaining a sterile environment and the use of antibiotics help reduce the risk of infections.
- Post-surgical pain – Pain or discomfort after surgery is manageable with analgesics.
- Reaction to anesthesia – Anesthesia may cause nausea and vomiting.
- Bleeding or clot formation – Bleeding after ENT surgery can delay recovery. A clot formation can lead to blockage of blood vessels
Recurrent ear infections are common in children up to two years of age because of low immunity. Treatment of ear fluids and infections of the middle ear is challenging, even with common antibiotics. The opening of the ear tube may prevent problems with the ears in children. Tympanostomy or surgical placing of ear tubes can help treat these conditions.
ENT includes some facial surgeries for cosmetic purposes, like facial reconstruction, ear surgeries, and nose surgeries. Following aesthetic surgeries are common at ENT hospitals in Kanpur.
- Rhinoplasty - To improve the appearance of the nose
- Pinnaplasty - A cosmetic surgery to enhance the appearance of protruding ears
Consult an ENT surgeon in Kanpur if you are suffering from recurrent infections of the ear, nose, or throat. A visit to an ENT specialist is necessary if you have intense ear pain or throat pain. ENT doctors are also experts in the treatment of vertigo or hearing loss.