Male Infertility Treatment & Diagnostics in Chunni Ganj, Kanpur
Male infertility is a health problem that decreases the chances of a female getting pregnant. Male infertility may be caused due to many problems. The most common reason is low sperm production and poor quality of sperms.
What Is Male Infertility?
If a female partner fails to get pregnant after 1 year of regular and unprotected sex, the couple is said to be infertile. Male or female infertility can only be diagnosed after proper testing and assessment.
What Symptoms Are Experienced By Men Due To Infertility?
Men may not experience any physical symptoms due to infertility. The only symptom of male infertility is not being able to achieve conception in the female partner after a year or so while doing regular sexual intercourse. Male infertility can only be diagnosed after doing medical tests. Some other symptoms experienced by men are given here but the symptoms may or may not be the result of infertility.
- Men face difficulty in maintaining full ejaculation during sexual intercourse
- Some men do not have or very low sexual desire
- Redness and swelling may be present around the male genital organs
- Semen analysis may indicate poor sperm count and unhealthy sperms
What Are The Reasons For Male Infertility?
A female can only become pregnant only if healthy sperms travel efficiently to the ovary to fertilize an egg. Many problems can prevent sperms from reaching the ovaries or some problems can affect the growth of healthy sperms. The main reasons for male infertility are:
- Disorders of the sperm
- Ejaculation problems
- Hormone problems
- Obstruction to the spermatic duct
- Poor quality of sperms
- Low motility of sperms
- Excessive use of alcohol, drugs, and stimulants
- Diseases affecting the male reproductive organs
- Surgery of the male genital organs
- Genetic diseases due to defective genes
How Is Male Infertility Diagnosed At Apollo Spectra, Kanpur?
It is difficult to diagnose male infertility. Your doctor will take a complete history and perform a physical examination to make a diagnosis. He may also order blood tests and semen analysis.
Your doctor may also order a transrectal ultrasound to assess the condition of your reproductive organs.
A testicular biopsy is ordered if the number of sperms is very low. It helps in diagnosing the cause of infertility.
Consult with a doctor if you are unable to pregnant your wife after one year of sexual intercourse without using any prevention.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kanpur
Call1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
How Male Infertility Can Be Treated At Apollo Spectra, Kanpur?
In most cases, male infertility can be treated by using the right treatment method. Common treatment methods used for the treatment of male infertility are:
- Male infertility can be prevented by avoiding heavy smoking, heavy exercise, and the use of stimulants, drugs, and excessive alcohol drinking.
- Meditation helps in reducing stress and this can boost up sexual health
- Taking proper medical treatment after consulting with your physician
- Eating a well-balanced diet including anti-oxidants to improve sperm health and the number
- Surgery may be done in some cases for treating varicocele
- In Vitro fertilization may help to achieve conception
Male infertility is a leading problem. It is important to assess the cause of male infertility. Different treatment options are available for the treatment of male infertility. If a couple fails to achieve conception in a year or more after successful and regular intercourse without using any protective method should consult with a physician. It is a treatable condition and your physician can suggest the best treatment option.
Your doctor will order blood tests and semen analysis to identify the quality and number of sperms. Semen analysis helps in determining the quality and an overall number of healthy sperm produced by your body.
Some health problems may occur in your partner. Hyperstimulation of the ovaries may cause symptoms such as weakness, tiredness, high blood pressure, nausea, and vomiting. Only a few women suffer from the symptoms produced by hyperstimulation of ovaries.
Varicocele is a leading cause of male infertility. Your doctor may prescribe some hormonal medications but surgery is the best treatment option for treating varicocele.