Plastic and Cosmetics
Plastic surgery includes in its wide spectrum everything from cosmetic surgery, aesthetic surgery to surgical repair of congenital deformities, post-surgical reconstruction of the breast, head and neck and correction of post-traumatic defects through surgery. You can visit plastic surgery hospitals in Kanpur for the best plastic and cosmetic surgery options.
Plastic surgery in Kanpur is of two types, reconstructive plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery. Reconstructive plastic surgery is used to repair body parts that are damaged through infections, diseases, congenital defects, trauma, tumors or developmental abnormalities. Whereas cosmetic plastic surgery is used to enhance or reshape certain parts of the body.
Breast reconstruction after a mastectomy is an example of reconstructive plastic surgery whereas a breast lift is an example of cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic and cosmetic surgery can be performed by a plastic surgeon in Kanpur through minimally invasive or even non-surgical procedures.
Who qualifies for plastic and cosmetics?
People with congenital abnormalities, developmental abnormalities, cleft palate and lips, burns, traumatic injuries, facial bone fractures, cancers or tumors qualify for reconstructive plastic surgery. People who want breast augmentation, eyelid surgery, liposuction, abdominoplasty and breast reduction qualify for cosmetic surgery.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Call 18605002244 to book an appointment.
Why are plastic and cosmetics conducted?
Plastic surgery is conducted to reconstruct a part of your body or improve the functioning of that part. Cosmetic surgery is conducted to improve the appearance of your body parts.
Different types of plastic and cosmetics
The different types of plastic and cosmetic surgery include:
- Breast surgery
- Vulvovaginal surgery
- Buttock augmentation
- Chemical peels
- Botulinum toxin or botox
- Hair transplantation
What are the benefits?
Five benefits of plastic and cosmetic surgery are:
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery done by plastic surgery doctors in Kanpur helps in boosting your self-confidence. If you are feeling satisfied with how you look, it will make you confident.
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery helps improve your mental well-being also. When you get your desired look through plastic surgery or get a defect corrected, your self-esteem gets a boost.
- Plastic surgery done by plastic surgery doctors near you might improve your physical health also. There are many plastic surgery procedures such as rhinoplasty or breast reduction surgery that can help you get rid of many physical problems and discomforts.
- Liposuction or tummy tuck can help you get rid of your extra kilos.
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery has now become less invasive and less painful. As a result, you can go for reconstructive plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery with reduced pain.
What are the risks?
Some of the risks associated with plastic and cosmetic surgery are:
- Scarring: Scarring is the greatest risk during the recovery period of plastic or cosmetic surgery. You can avoid scarring by following your surgeon's advice during the recovery period.
- Nerve damage: If any of your nerves get damaged or severed during surgery, it might lead to deformities such as difficulty with facial expressions or drooping of the mouth and eyes.
- Infection: Like all surgeries, plastic and cosmetic surgery also poses the risk of infections.
- Hematoma: A hematoma is a condition wherein blood collects beneath the skin causing the skin to swell and become bruised.
- Necrosis: Although rare, plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery might lead to tissue death or necrosis.
- Bleeding: Like all surgeries, bleeding is a common risk factor for plastic and cosmetic surgery. But plastic surgery doctors in Kanpur can reduce the risk of bleeding through preventive measures.
Plastic and cosmetic surgery can give you the look you desire. But you should also consider the risk factors and not overdo anything because your health is of utmost priority. If your doctor suggests reconstructive plastic surgery to overcome certain deformities, then you should go for it but you should not undergo several plastic and cosmetic surgeries just for enhancing your body parts.
A week before your plastic surgery, you should eliminate vitamin and herbal supplements. You should also eliminate ginger, eggplant, flaxseed, garlic, tomatoes and cayenne from your diet as they can interfere with blood clotting.
It is recommended that you stop taking any form of caffeine two days before your plastic and cosmetic surgery.
You can heal faster after plastic surgery by taking all medicines, maintaining a healthy diet, not smoking and sticking to follow-up appointments.