Podiatric Services Treatment & Diagnostics in Chunni Ganj, Kanpur
Specialists that treat issues in your lower legs and feet are known as podiatrists. Generally, a podiatrist treats problems related to the ankle, feet, leg, and its structure but they can also treat issues or complications regarding diabetes, in Kanpur. They are also called podiatric physicians or doctors of podiatric medicine.
Podiatrists are doctors who have separate medical schools for them as well as professional associations. Podiatrists can perform surgeries, prescribe drugs, order lab tests, etc.
What Training and Education do you need to become a podiatrist?
Students have to study biology, physics, chemistry, and other science subjects in their college years. After your graduation, in biology or other above-mentioned science fields, you have to go to podiatric school for 4 years. A student in a podiatric school learns how muscles, nerves, and bones work together to help you move. Students after graduating from the podiatric school have to work in a hospital for 3 years. They also have to work along with surgeons, anesthesiologists, other pediatricians, etc.
This is known as residency where they have to put what they have learned to work. They get their certifications in surgery on feet and ankles after the residency.
What does a Podiatrist do?
A podiatrist treats your feet and ankle problems along with other issues. Following are the conditions that a podiatrist treats:
- Fractures and sprains: Podiatrists treat fractures and sprains which are caused in the legs, feet, and ankle. As sprains and fractures occur mostly in athletes, podiatrists work in sports medicine treating such problems for sportspersons.
- Nail disorder: Nail disorder is caused when your nails get infected because of fungus or ingrown toenails. Nail disorder can also happen if you injure your nails while playing or exercising.
- Bunions and hammertoes: When your joint at the base of your big toe gets bigger or gets knocked out, it is known as bunions. This problem is related to the bones in your feet. Hammertoe is when you cannot bend your feet in the right direction.
- Arthritis: The wear and tear of the joints causing swelling and pain are treated by a podiatrist by recommending drugs, physiotherapy, or by surgery if the condition is severe.
- Diabetes: In this condition, either insulin is deficient in the patient or the insulin is not properly used by his/her body. The nerves in your feet and legs can be damaged, reducing the flow of blood to your leg.
- Heel pain: When there is a buildup of calcium at the bottom of your heel bone it causes heel pain. This can happen because of running on uneven ground, ill-fitting shoes, being overweight, etc.
A podiatrist also turns to a radiologist, where he/she helps with imaging tests and diagnosing diseases, illness, etc. in the lower limbs. The methods which are used are X-rays, MRI, CTs scan, ultrasound, etc.
What are the reasons to visit a podiatrist?
Any concerns regarding your leg and feet can be a good reason to visit a podiatrist in Kanpur. The structure of the feet is complex and any issue needs a specialist’s advice. For the following problems you can visit a podiatrist:
- If you are having foot pain.
- Discolored toenails.
- Scaling or peeling on your shoes.
- Cracks or cuts in your skin.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kanpur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What to expect when you visit a podiatrist?
When you visit a podiatrist you will be asked about your problem and medical history. A total examination of the affected area will be performed. Then the podiatrist will recommend medications or surgery to treat the issue depending on the severity of the damage or issue.
A podiatrist generally treats the feet and ankle. Any concerns regarding your leg and feet can be a good reason to visit a podiatrist. Issues like foot pain, cracks, ankle problems can be treated under podiatrist services. They are also called podiatric physicians or doctors of podiatric medicine.
Generally, podiatrists treat problems related to the ankle, feet, leg, and its structure but they can also treat issues or complications regarding diabetes.
You can ask the following question to a podiatrist:
- How can I protect my feet?
- What is causing my foot pain?
- Do I need surgery?
- How the surgery will be performed and will it hurt?