Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation are clinically proven and remarkably effective interventions for patients who have endured adverse effects of an illness or an injury. The focus is on reinstating your functional abilities and optimizing well-being by bringing you back into your normal lifestyle.
The techniques encompass physical, emotional, psychological, and social well-being.
What Are the Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Techniques?
Whether it is an injury or a long-term health condition like Parkinson’s disease, physiotherapy and rehabilitation can help in speeding up recovery and managing symptoms.
Some of the physiotherapy and rehabilitation treatment options are:
- Electrotherapy: In this, electrical stimulation is delivered by attaching electrodes to the skin. The method can prove advantageous for patients with severely affected mobility.
- Soft tissue mobilization: It is a therapeutic massage for relaxing muscles and reducing pain and swelling of inflamed joints.
- Cryotherapy and heat therapy: In people with stiff and sore muscles, heat or cold therapy can help. Hot packs and paraffin wax are used in heat therapy and ice packs for cryotherapy.
- Exercises for a range of motion: While recovering from bone injuries or surgery, staying inactive can decelerate recovery. Hence, physiotherapists recommend a range of motion exercises to facilitate joint mobility.
- Hydrotherapy or water-based therapy: It is helpful for patients who suffer from extreme pain and cannot withstand a range of motion exercises and other land-based techniques.
- Light therapy: Light therapy is especially beneficial for patients with psoriasis (a skin disorder with red, itchy patches). Exposing the affected area of the skin to sunlight lowers cell growth leading to improvement in the skin.
Search for physiotherapy near me and book an appointment with an experienced physiotherapist.
Who Qualifies for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation?
Indeed, you do not need physiotherapy and rehabilitation for every instance of ache or sprain. However, you must consider it necessary to visit your nearest physiotherapy center in Kanpur if you have any of the below-mentioned conditions:
- Neurological problems such as Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, stroke
- Severe joint pain
- Knee instability
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spinal stenosis
- Frozen shoulder
- Lower back pain
- Meniscus tear
- Herniated disc
- Sleep apnea
Additionally, rehabilitation therapy can prove fruitful after surgeries, which include:
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Cardiac surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair
If you suffer from a trauma or an accident, physiotherapy can help you manage the associated pain and increase your range of motion. Regular sessions can boost recovery and get you back on your feet at the earliest.
Consult a specialist at your nearest rehabilitation center in Kanpur to know more about the various therapies.
Why are Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Conducted?
Many people resort to pain medications for quick relief. These medicines only mask the pain, whereas physiotherapy and rehabilitation techniques can reach the root cause of your pain and provide a long-term solution.
While physiotherapy and rehabilitation cannot treat your condition, the best rehabilitation therapy in Kanpur can certainly ensure a better quality of life.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Call 18605002244 to book an appointment.
What Are the Benefits of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation?
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation can make a huge difference in improving your quality of life. Visit the best rehabilitation center in Kanpur to reap maximum benefits, which include:
- Restoring mobility, boosting overall health and well-being
- Lessening or eliminating pain with the help of remedial exercises and methods like joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Restoring strength in the weakened parts of your body after a stroke
- Helping people with vascular diseases and diabetes
- Eliminating acute and chronic health issues, which restrict mobility
- Physiotherapy at cardiac rehabilitation primarily focuses on enhancing the quality of life through breathing exercises and regaining strength.
- Ensuring improvement in bowel incontinence, pelvic health and pain, fibromyalgia, and urinary continence
- Providing psychological support to someone with depression
Are there any Risks of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation?
Most often, physiotherapy and rehabilitation methods are safe. However, there may be some risks. So, you must inform your physiotherapist or rehabilitation specialist if you feel any pain or uneasiness:
- Pain continuing or getting worse
- Deterioration of pre-existing health condition
- Broken bones due to sudden fall during physiotherapy
- Low or no improvement in mobility, flexibility, and strength
- In the case of cardiac rehabilitation, increased heart rate or blood pressure
Consult the best physiotherapist in Kanpur about the associated risks of physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation are excellent ways to improve your symptoms and enhance the quality of your life. At the same time, the outcome also depends on your condition.
Your doctor is the best person to advise you about which physiotherapy and rehabilitation methods will work the best for you.
The choice of treatment technique and duration of sessions depend on the condition of the patient. For example, a patient who has suffered a stroke may undergo physiotherapy or rehabilitation therapy for many years. But a person with an injury may get better after undergoing a session for a few months.
Physiotherapy methods are safe and not painful. Various exercises and activities stimulate deep tissue. Hence, you may feel sore after a treatment session. However, the soreness and pain are temporary.
Yes. You can consult a physiotherapist for movement disorders, cerebral palsy, Patellofemoral syndrome, developmental delays, muscular dystrophy, and other pediatric conditions.