Ileal Transposition Surgery in Chunni-ganj, Kanpur
Obesity has become a common problem these days as it is affecting the health of many people. A sedentary lifestyle can trigger obesity and worsen pre-existing health conditions.
Obese people face difficulties due to their excessive weight. Hence, it is vital to take care of your health and live a healthy lifestyle. Overweight or obese people who aren’t able to lose excess weight, despite exercising regularly and consuming a healthy diet, look for treatments in Kanpur to reduce or manage their weight.
What is Ileal Transposition?
Ileal transposition (IT) is a surgical procedure done at Apollo Spectra, Kanpur, which helps reduce weight or fat mass and improve your glucose metabolism. This surgical procedure is helpful for those who are suffering from type 2 diabetes. It also helps you improve your lipid metabolism and insulin sensitivity if you are diabetic. This surgery will be highly beneficial for you if you want to reduce your blood sugar or you are suffering from organ damage. This treatment is not recommended for people with low body mass index.
How is Ileal Transposition Performed?
Reports say that ileal transposition surgery is the best treatment for patients with type 2 diabetes to reduce weight. This surgery has proven to be very effective within a few days.
At Apollo Spectra, Kanpur, this surgery is performed by placing the distal part of the small intestine called the ileum between the proximal part of your small intestine or the stomach. The ileum can also be placed in the proximal part of the small intestine without any connection to the stomach.
This surgery is typically performed in two ways. The most common version of this procedure is a sleeve gastrectomy. This surgery is performed under general anaesthesia. The procedure takes about 4 to 5 hours to complete. Your surgeon will make a small surgical incision of around 5mm to 12mm on your abdomen.
During this procedure, your doctor will bring the distal part of your small intestine (ileum) close to your stomach. Then, they will dissect a small segment of your ileum. The ileum will be interposed into the jejunum (the second part of the small intestine). After the ileum is inserted into the jejunum, the last part of the small intestine will act as the midway between the jejunum. Then your surgeon will connect the proximal part of the ileum with the large intestine. They will not remove any part of the large intestine.
What are the benefits of Ileal transposition?
The benefits of ileal transposition include:
- This surgery can be performed on a patient with a high BMI (Body Mass Index).
- This will help you reduce fat mass.
- This will improve your insulin sensitivity.
- Your lipid metabolism will improve.
- This will reduce your food intake.
- This will control your blood sugar level.
What are the side effects of Ileal Transposition?
The side effects of ileal transposition include:
- Infection: There may be an infection at the surgical site of your abdomen.
- Pain: You may experience mild or severe pain around the surgical site.
- Bowel obstruction: There is a chance of bowel problems after the surgery.
- Bleeding: There is a chance of bleeding from the wound.
- Blood clots: You may notice blood clots around the surgical site.
- Swelling: Your wound may swell after the surgery.
How to prepare for Ileal transposition?
Before the surgery, you have to go through many tests to diagnose your health condition.
- You should not be more than 65 years old.
- If you have an uncontrolled sugar level, this surgery is best for you.
- If you have health complications that can damage your organs, this surgery will be recommended for you.
- Before the surgery, your doctor will check your blood sugar level and serum insulin.
- You have to follow a liquid diet before the surgery.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for a few days before your surgery.
- Blood thinner medicines should be avoided.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kanpur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
Yes, ileal transposition will help to reduce your body mass.
Yes, ileal transposition surgery is usually recommended for patients with type 2 diabetes.
This surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Hence, patients wouldn’t feel anything during the surgery. However, they may feel pain and discomfort after the surgery.