Tummy Tuck Surgery in Chunni-ganj, Kanpur
Also known as Abdominoplasty, tummy tuck surgery is a cosmetic procedure that is used to flatten the abdomen and improve its appearance.
The surgery is performed to remove excess fat and skin from the middle and lower abdomen area to tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall.
A tummy tuck surgery can be mini as well as a major one considering the amount of skin and fat that is to be removed.
However, it is a serious procedure and decision-making should be done after a thorough evaluation of the procedure and requirements.
How is Tummy Tuck done at Apollo Spectra, Kanpur?
Generally, as the first step, local anesthesia is injected which will put you to sleep and completely numb the pain during the surgery.
The surgery may take up to 5 to 6 hours depending on the kind of procedure that one has to undergo. It may be suggested to stay at the hospital overnight post-surgery.
The kind of procedure you undergo depends upon the degree of change that is to be achieved as the result. In the typical tummy tuck surgery, the aim is to remove the most amount of fat and skin possible. The incisions are made between the belly button and pubic hair. The length of the incision is also determined according to the amount of excess skin.
Next is the repositioning of the belly button which is brought out through a small incision and sutured back to its normal position.
After the surgery, the incisions will be covered by a surgical dressing. A drain and small tubes may be placed under the skin and along the incisions respectively. These shall be removed after a few days according to the surgeon’s instructions.
Post-surgery, any movement shall be restricted for at least six weeks and any positions that may put a strain on the incisions shall be avoided to prevent the wound from reopening.
Benefits of getting a tummy tuck surgery
One appearance can be affected due to changes in the abdominal skin like losing its elasticity or excess fat depositing around the abdomen. Tummy tuck surgery can therefore help by:
- Removing loose, excess skin and fat, and tighten weak fascia.
- Removing stretch marks in the lower abdomen area.
- Incorporate an existing C-section scar into the tummy tuck scar.
- Remove excess skin left over after liposuction.
Risks and complications
There are certain risks posed by a tummy tuck like any other surgery, these include:
- Hematoma or bleeding
- Seroma or fluid accumulation beneath the skin
- Issues with the healing of the wound
- Blood Clotting
- Tissue damage
- Wound separation
- Unevenness or asymmetrical results
In case you are facing any of these issues post-surgery for a prolonged period, please contact the surgeon or doctor immediately.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kanpur
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
Are you the right candidate for the surgery?
Certain factors determine if tummy tuck surgery is recommended for you, these include:
- Being in a healthy mental and physical state. If you possess any serious medical conditions, it is not recommended for you to get the procedure done.
- Having loose muscles and skin stretched after several pregnancies or going through C-section surgeries.
- Losing significant weight after being obese at some point in life.
- Avoiding the use of tobacco and nicotine. Persons who are actively involved in cigarette smoking can be prone to higher risks of wounds not healing.
Your surgeon might run a test related to your medical history and a physical exam to determine the best-suited procedure for you.
It usually takes a minimum of 6 to 12 weeks for the body to fully recover. Although light movement may be allowed after 2 weeks from surgery.
The results of a tummy tuck surgery are permanent. Although changes might be experienced if a stable weight is not maintained.
Tummy tuck surgeries cause a moderate degree of pain during the procedure although you may feel some intense pain in the first few days of recovery after the procedure. Pain medications can be taken after consulting with your doctor.