Cyst Removal Surgery in Koramangala, Bangalore
Cysts are fluid- or air-filled sac-like structures that can appear anywhere in the body. They can be harmless and may not require any treatment. Or they can be chronic and may require surgery. Cysts cannot be self-diagnosed or removed by yourself.
Cyst removal surgery is performed under general anesthesia. If it is a serious one, then an incision is made by the surgeon near the cystic region for removal or drainage of the cyst.
You can opt for cyst removal surgery in Bangalore. Or you can search for a cyst removal doctor near me.
What do we need to know about cysts and cyst removal surgery?
Cysts can occur anywhere in external or internal parts of the body. They can be easily cured and sometimes you don't even need any treatments. Cysts can be painless or can be extremely painful. There are several methods of cyst removal surgery. Depending upon the type, location and severity of the cyst, the most effective method for you will be selected.
What are the types of cyst removal?
Cysts can be often misinterpreted as boils or pus-filled pockets, that's why it's important to get them properly diagnosed. Depending upon the location and type of cysts, different techniques can be used such as:
- Drainage: It involves making small cuts on the cystic region to drain the cyst. The drainage process leaves a wound behind which can be healed within a couple of weeks by taking antibiotics and dressing the wound to prevent infections. This technique cannot be performed on epidermoid or pilar cysts on the skin as the cysts can recur.
- Fine needle aspiration : It is usually done on a breast cyst. A thin needle is inserted to burst the cyst to remove the fluid.
- Surgery: it is done under local anesthesia. It is usually performed in serious cases for cysts like ganglion, Baker’s (develops in the knee due to disease or injury) and dermoid. A small cut is made to remove the cyst. Although the process is safe and effective there are still chances of cysts recurring.
- Laparoscopy: it is also a surgical procedure used to remove ovarian cysts. It involves use of a scalpel to make an incision to remove cysts.
What causes cyst formation in the body?
- Any kind of infection in the body
- Genetic conditions
- Inflammatory diseases
- Benign and malignant tumors
- Defective body cells
- Blockage in the ducts due to accumulated fluids
- Any kind of injury
When do you need to consult a doctor?
If you spot a cyst on your body or if medical tests like MRI or ultrasound confirm that there is a cyst within, consult a doctor immediately.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Koramangala, Bangalore.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risks associated with cyst removal surgery?
Cystic removal surgery is usually safe and comparatively less complicated. But there are some risks:
- Bacterial and fungal infections
- Chances of nerve damage in case of ganglion cyst
- Recurring cysts
- Spreading of infection to neighbouring areas
- Swelling in the affected region
You should not opt for any home remedies to remove cysts. They can only be diagnosed by a doctor. Bursting cysts on your own can lead to serious infections.
It depends on the organ in which the cyst is present but usually the primary care can be given by a general physician or a dermatologist if skin is affected.
It depends upon the type of the cyst. Usually the first sign is an abnormal lump formation in case of an epidermoid cyst. Breast cyst is characterised by pain. Cyst in the brain can cause headaches. Other cysts formed in the internal organs can only be detected by tests like MRI and Ultrasound.
- Epidermoid cysts: Cysts developed under the face and neck skin.
- Breast cysts: Present in the breast region, they are fluid-filled and non-cancerous .
- Ganglion cysts: Occur in hands and feet. They are also fluid filled and round to oval in shape.
- Ovarian cysts: Usually harmless and fluid-filled cysts.
- Chalazion cyst: Grows in the eyelids and can clog oil glands.
- Baker’s cyst: It develops in the knee due to disease or injury. It's painful and causes swelling.
- Dermoid cyst: These can occur anywhere on the skin. Can be air- or fluid-filled.
- Pilar cyst: Develops around the scalp. It's generally hereditary.