Hair Fall Treatment in Koramangala, Bangalore
Hair loss is a common problem for most people around the world. The American Academy of Dermatology declared that about 80 million people in America are affected by hair loss. A little hair fall every day is nothing to worry about. However, once the daily count crosses a hundred, it can cause hair thinning, bald spots and a receding hairline. There are several methods in which hair loss can be treated. You can get effective hair fall treatment in Koramangala.
What do we need to know about hair fall treatment?
Hair fall is the loss of hair on your scalp or other parts of your body. It may be temporary or permanent depending on the cause of hair fall. Some people allow the process to continue and accept it while others cover it with hats, wigs or extensions. Most people seek treatment options to prevent further hair fall and restore growth. Some of the common and effective treatment options for hair loss are hair transplantation, medication, laser therapy, etc. You can also try to restore hair growth through healthy diet and lifestyle practices and homemade masks. Search online for "hair fall treatment near me" to find an option suitable for you.
What are the symptoms of hair fall?
Signs of hair loss can appear in many ways. They include:
- Gradual thinning: This is the most common symptom and occurs on the top of your head. It often occurs due to aging. Men usually have a receding hairline while women have a broadened parting in their hair. Some women may also experience a receding hairline as a result of advancing age.
- Bald spots: Another symptom of hair loss is hair that falls from a particular area of the head. This leads to bald spots and a patchy scalp. Sometimes, you may experience itchiness and pain when you lose your hair.
- Full-body hair loss: This is when you lose hair all over your body. This usually occurs as a result of medication and treatments such as chemotherapy. The hair lost due to this usually grows back after the effects wear off.
- Patches of scaling: A common symptom of ringworm is the scaly patches throughout the scalp. This may also be accompanied by redness, swelling and broken hair.
What are the causes of hair fall?
Your hair loss can occur as a result of the following causes:
- Genetics: Some people are prone to hair fall and have naturally weak hair. Other people might be affected by genetic conditions such as androgenic alopecia, male or female pattern baldness, etc. that may cause hair fall.
- Hormonal changes: Sometimes, an imbalance in your hormones can lead to hair fall. Hormonal imbalances can occur due to pregnancy, menopause, puberty, thyroid problems and childbirth.
- Medical conditions and treatments: As mentioned above, certain genetic conditions can result in the loss of hair. Other medical conditions that can lead to hair fall are thyroid problems, alopecia areata, ringworm on the scalp and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania. Sometimes, medical treatments such as drugs, chemotherapy, etc can cause hair fall as a side effect.
- Hairstyles: Wearing tight hairstyles that pull your hair and/or styling your hair with heat and friction can damage your strands, leading to hair loss.
When do you need to consult a doctor?
If you are distressed about your hair loss and want to seek treatment, visit a dermatologist or cosmetologist. If you suspect an underlying condition that might have caused your hair loss, seek medical treatment immediately. You can visit any hair fall treatment doctor in Koramangala for effective solutions to your hair problems.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Koramangala, Bangalore.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How is hair fall treated?
Hair fall can be treated in the following ways:
- Medication: Topical medication such as minoxidil can help new hair grow from bald patches on your scalp. Oral medication such as finasteride is also proven effective against hair loss. However, the effects of these medicines wear off if they are stopped.
- Hair transplantation: In this procedure, a cosmetologist removes a patch of hair from another part of your body or scalp and replaces your bald spot with it. You may have to schedule multiple appointments for this treatment. Probable side effects are bleeding, swelling, pain and discomfort.
Losing a few strands in a day is normal. But when hair shedding increases, it can lead to baldness and thinning of hair. You can find a solution to your hair problems by visiting the best cosmetologist in Koramangala and choosing the right treatment plan.
According to a study, losing about 50-100 strands a day is considered normal. This won't affect your hair density as this number is not significant compared to the number of strands on your head.
A simple way of finding out if you're losing too much hair is to gently tug on a bunch of strands. No more than 3 strands should fall out. If more hair strands come out, you might have a hair fall problem.
Most people lose hair as they age. This could be due to the reduced performance of the hair growth function on your scalp as you age. Hair strands tend to become weaker and have less pigments with age.