Piles Treatment & Surgery in Koramangala, Bangalore
All You Need to Know about Piles Surgery
Piles or hemorrhoids are inflamed and swollen veins near the rectum and anus. They are painful and sometimes the veins bulge out during defecation. To know more about piles and their treatments you can contact your nearest piles hospital in Bangalore.
What does a piles surgery involve?
In severe cases, surgery is recommended but this can be painful when the size of the pile is very large. However, simple surgeries to remove or shrink hemorrhoids can also be done. Search a piles specialist near me to know more about the surgeries and precautionary measures.
What are the types of piles surgeries?
- Hemorrhoidal artery ligation (HAL), also known as transanal hemorrhoidal dearterialization, is a hemorrhoid removal surgery. HAL is a procedure for identifying blood vessels that are causing hemorrhoids and blocking them.
- Sclerotherapy can be done with the help of an injection. A chemical is injected into the hemorrhoids that stop bleeding.
- Coagulation therapy, also known as infrared photocoagulation, is a procedure done with the help of infrared light, extreme heat or cold treatment to shrink or remove hemorrhoids. These therapies are done along with an anoscopy which helps a pile specialist to see the condition by inserting a scope inside the rectum.
- Banding is a procedure in which a doctor ties a tight band around the bottom of the hemorrhoids to cut off the blood supply. It is very painful and chances of heavy bleeding are high.
- Hemorrhoidectomy is the removal of hemorrhoids surgically when no other treatments are helping. It is painful and can cause infection but it is one of the most effective methods to treat hemorrhoids.
- Hemorrhoidopexy is the surgical stapling of prolapsed hemorrhoids by fixing them back into the rectum and cutting off the blood supply. It is a little less painful and more effective procedure.
What are the symptoms of piles?
The most common symptom of external and internal hemorrhoids is bleeding. Internal hemorrhoids are less painful and cause little or no discomfort to a patient.
However, external hemorrhoids are very painful, itchy and likely to bleed often. They cause discomfort and sometimes form clots inside blood vessels, and these are very dangerous.
Why are pile surgeries done?
Pile surgeries are very effective and result in a permanent cure for piles. Despite being painful, they are very safe and successfully done most of the time. Pile surgeries are often suggested when other non-surgical treatments are ineffective.
When to see a doctor?
- If your bleeding does not stop
- If you see blood clots in your urine
- If you are not able to urinate
- If you feel pain in the rectum or anus
- If you have a high fever after the surgery
You can also request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Koramangala, Bangalore.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How to prepare for a piles surgery?
Consult a piles specialist in Koramangala before taking any medication. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking 8-10 glasses of water before the surgery. Consume a high-fiber diet and fiber supplements after consulting a piles specialist. Use stool softeners to prevent pain before or after getting the surgery done.
What are the complications like?
If untreated, there can be:
- Trouble urinating because of muscle spasms and swelling in the rectal region
- Damage of anal sphincter that can lead to accidental bowel or gas leak condition officially known as fecal incontinence.
- Bleeding and infection
- Stenosis; narrowing in the spaces between the spine
- Non-healing wounds
- Fistula or sores formation
How to prevent piles?
- Don’t force or strain during urination or defecation
- Avoid spending a long time on the toilet
- Prevent diarrhea or constipation
- Avoid anal intercourse
- Lose weight and wear comfortable clothes
- Eat high fiber food products
- Stay hydrated
Pile or hemorrhoids are swollen veins that sometimes cause discomfort and pain in the rectum and anus. Common symptoms include bleeding and blood clot formation. Surgery is often the last resort to cure piles as it is the most effective way.
Over-the-counter painkillers, ointments, creams and suppositories can be used. However, consult a piles specialist in Bangalore before taking any medication.
You can take drugs like aspirin or you can soak in warm water to heal and relieve pain. If the pain persists, contact a piles specialist immediately.
Weak vascular tissues due to aging, pregnancy, infection and reaction to anesthesia are major risk factors in piles surgery.