Medical Imaging and Surgery in Koramangala, Bangalore
Diagnostic imaging is very important for urgent care of patients. It is essential for detecting the exact reason for pain or an illness in a patient. This service comprises X-rays, ultrasound, CT scan, MRI scan and other latest diagnostic techniques.
Treatment in an urgent care department becomes easier and faster with the help of imaging. You can search for the best center for Urgent Care surgery near me.
What are the basic things we should know about imaging?
Doctors can check the internal organs of your body with the help of imaging techniques. There are different machines designed for each category of imaging. Most of these imaging tests do not cause any pain to patients, as these machines do not need to be inserted into the human body. However, some imaging tests may need to insert mini cameras with the help of long and narrow tubes called scopes, only to get images of a particular organ. An urgent Care surgery in Koramangala will have all such imaging facilities for patients.
What are the different types of imaging for urgent care?
- X-ray – It is the common form of urgent care imaging used to inspect the internal organs of the body. X-rays easily pass through bones and muscles, due to the high density of these radiation beams. It is useful for detecting bone fractures.
- MRI scan – MRI is the full form for Magnetic Resonance Imaging, for which four different types of machines are used. It is generally used to detect problems in the spinal cord, brain, abdominal organs, bone joints and other internal body parts.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – This test is mainly meant for checking the heart condition of a patient when he/she complains of chest pain and breathlessness. Small electrodes are placed on the chest of a patient and connected to a monitor to record all electrical signals of the heart. Then a graph recording the heartbeats is displayed on the monitor, showing the condition of the heart.
- CT scan – CT is the short form of Computed Tomography, whereby several X-ray images are taken at a time. It is useful to get the cross-sectional images of even minute blood vessels and delicate tissues. This type of imaging is used in urgent care hospitals in Bangalore to get images of the brain, chest, neck region, spinal cord, sinus cavitie, and pelvic region.
- Ultrasound – This technique is called sonography, whereby ultrasound waves are sent to get images of internal organs on a computer screen. It is mainly used on pregnant women to avoid the harmful effects of radiation on their babies. These high-frequency waves can also detect infections or the cause of pain in any part of the body.
- Mammography (MA) – This is a special X-ray done to get images of the breast tissues. Now, digital mammography is applied to detect signs of breast cancer in women, mainly at the initial stage.
What are the symptoms or causes that need imaging in the urgent care department?
During the flu season, patients of all ages need to undergo chest X-rays to determine the condition of their lungs. However, the winter season causes more people to arrive at urgent care hospitals in Koramangala for treatment of their accidental injuries. One can need X-rays and MRI scans of his or her spinal cord and abdominal region, due to injuries there. All patients suffering from bronchitis, backache, muscle pain, diarrhea, breathing problems and urinary infections need imaging facilities to detect the causes of their ailments.
When do we need to see a doctor?
Depending on your condition, your doctor will suggest which imaging technique to go for.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Koramangala, Bangalore.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risks involved?
Since a patient needs to spend considerable time within an imaging machine in some cases, he/she may feel uncomfortable and even suffocated at a point of time. X-rays and mammography send radiation waves for detection, which can have harmful effects on some delicate organs. However, urgent care surgery doctors in Bangalore take care to minimize such risks for their patients.
When you contact an urgent care surgeon in Bangalore, you need to check the imaging facilities available at his or her center. The type of imaging needed will be decided by your doctor, as per your health condition.
No, most of the imaging procedures are totally painless, as machines operate outside your body to take images of your internal organs.
You will be clinically examined by a doctor at an urgent care department. If an urgent care surgeon in Koramangala refers to a diagnostic imaging test for your treatment, it will be done as soon as possible.
Yes, a doctor will check your physical condition and refer a suitable imaging test for diagnosis.