Liposuction Surgery in Koramangala, Bangalore
Liposuction is a cosmetic plastic surgery also known as lipoplasty and body contouring. It is performed to contour or remove extra fat from certain areas of the body. Liposuction is used for dealing with excess fat deposition in specific regions and ensuring a stable body weight.
You can visit plastic surgery hospitals in Bangalore to get more details about the procedure. Or you can search online for a plastic surgeon near me.
What do we need to know about liposuction?
It is performed by a dermatologist or cosmetologist on areas like buttocks, thighs, abdomen, hips, arms, neck, face and chin to improve its shape by removing excess fat deposition. It is also performed for breast reduction and facelifting. During the procedure, regional anesthesia is administered to a patient for the operation area and the rest of the body is given general anesthesia.
What are the types of liposuction?
Based on the area and the technique to be used, there are several types of liposuction:
- Tumescent liposuction: The most common type involves injecting a sterile solution (salt water mixture) into the affected area so that it swells up. The surgeon that makes an incision and inserts a tube called cannula that suctions out fluids and fats from the body.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL): This involves use of ultrasonic waves from the inserted metal rod under the skin. Ultrasonic waves break the fat cells for easier removal.
- Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL): A very high intensity laser light is used to get rid of excess fat deposition through the cannula.
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL): This involves use of a cannula that moves in to-and-fro motion. It is used for a tougher and larger volume of fat deposition. This technique is faster and more precise amongst all.
Who qualifies for liposuction? When do you need to see a doctor?
It is a surgical procedure and hence it requires good health conditions. You can be a suitable candidate if you:
- Do not have more than 30% of your ideal body weight.
- Have fat deposition that cannot be treated with diet and exercise.
- Have tight and elastic skin with good body tone.
- Do not smoke.
- Are not a heart patient , diabetic or have a weak immune system.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Koramangala, Bangalore.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the benefits of liposuction?
It helps in the safe removal of body fat that cannot be reduced through diet and exercise. It can also reduce cellulite and make our body more healthy by removing excess fat content. It also indirectly boosts self-esteem by improving body appearance. It also solves conditions like gynaecomastia, lipomas, lipodystrophy syndrome and lymphedema.
What are the risks involved in liposuction?
Liposuction is considered to be a very safe surgical procedure. It involves some of the typical risks with surgical procedures:
- Nerve damage
- Injuries to the nearby organs
- Burns from instruments
- Bacterial infection
- Anesthesia-related complications
- Uneven fat removal and fluid accumulation under the skin
- Lung damage and blood clotting
- Fluid leakage under the skin
- Death of skin cells
- Scars and dents on skin
Consult your doctor in case you develop any complications post surgery. You can visit plastic surgery hospitals in Koramangala as well.
No, liposuction is only for excess fat removal from specific areas of the body. It cannot be performed for overall body weight loss, for that you must consider diet and exercise or, in complex cases, bariatric surgeries.
Although excess fat is removed permanently during the procedure, one can still gain weight if proper care of the body is not taken. To ensure that you do not gain weight, follow a proper diet regime recommended by your doctor.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Muscle spasm