Facelift Treatment & Diagnostics in Koramangala, Bangalore
As a person ages, their face sags, and they can see visible folds and lines on it. Facelift surgery can help overcome these signs of aging and help you look youthful.
Facelift surgeries remove the excess skin around the jaw and tighten the face. It focuses on the lower part of your face, and many people get a neck lift along with it.
What is Facelift Surgery?
Facelift surgery tightens the tissues of the skin and can reduce the deep creases around the mouth area. Rhytidectomy cannot decrease the damage done to the face from other agents like the sun.
But facelift surgeries can reduce fat deposits and sagging that the skin faces due to aging. It can improve the contour of the face. In some cases, it may take more than one facelift for the desired results.
What are the Causes of a Facelift Surgery?
The usual causes of facelift surgery are:
- Sagging of skin around the cheeks
- Sagging of skin around the neck
- Smooth out creases around the mouth area
- Lifting the corner of the mouth
When to See a Doctor?
Age is not a factor that can tell you the right time to get a facelift. You may consider getting facelift surgery if you see signs of aging on your face, like sagging. The way you look may make you feel insecure, in which case you can get a facelift.
Request an appointment at Apollo Hospitals
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Possible Risk Factors
Facelift surgeries can have a few risk factors. Some of them are:
- Anesthesia risks
- Collection of blood under the skin (also called a hematoma)
- Hair loss
- Swelling for long periods
- Nerve injury
- Damage to facial nerves
Preparing for Facelift Surgery
When you go for facelift surgery, the doctor will look into a few things. Here are some things they may consider:
- They may check your medical history to see if you have any medical conditions that may hinder the procedure.
- They may also ask you to stop smoking.
- If you are on any medicines, they may ask you to stop using them.
The first step in anesthesia. The doctor will use general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Depending on what suits you the best, the doctor will use one.
Some people want drastic changes, while some want slight changes to the contour of their faces. Depending on the degree of differences you want, there are three types of incisions:
- Traditional Facelift Incision: It includes an incision that starts from the hairline of the temple, goes towards the ear, and ends in the lower scalp. The surgeon may make another incision under the chin to improve the neck area.
- Limited Incision: The incision starts at the hairline of the temple and continues towards the ear. But it does not continue to the lower scalp. It is for patients who do not need a complete facelift.
- Neck Lift Incision: The neck lift incision goes from the front of the ear lobe and wraps around the ear. It ends in your lower scalp. The doctor will also put a cut under the chin. The incision prevents the sagging of the jowl or neck.
During the procedure, the doctor will remove excess skin and close the wounds with glues or sutures. The sutures may dissolve, or the doctor may need to remove them.
Facelift surgeries are becoming more popular by the day. If you feel that you require a facelift, ensure to research properly and approach an accomplished surgeon.
Try to be clear about your expectations from the surgery and any questions you may have for the surgeon. If you know someone who got a facelift, their opinion may help you as well.
Facelift surgery is one of the most common cosmetic surgeries, and they are becoming more popular with time. Many people combine other procedures like a neck lift, forehead lift, and eyelid shaping with it.
- After the facelift surgery, it is necessary to follow the surgeon's instructions for wound care.
- You may consider avoiding makeup for a few days after the surgery to minimize the chances of infections.
- Using a mild soap and moisturizer is also essential to prevent any irritation and inflammation.
- Cold compresses can also help with pain and swelling.
- Very few people know that there is more than one type of facelift surgery.
- Facelifts are not only for older people. Signs of aging can kick in faster in some people, and they may go for this surgery.
- If done by an experienced surgeon, a facelift is not noticeable.