Neck Pain Treatment in Koramangala, Bangalore
Neck pain is becoming increasingly common throughout the world. It has a considerable impact on individuals and their families, communities, health-care systems and businesses.
You can seek neck pain treatment in Bangalore. Or you can search online for a neck pain specialist near me.
What do we need to know about neck pain?
Abnormalities or inflammation or injury in the bones, muscles or ligaments of the neck can cause neck pain or stiffness. Many people experience neck pain or stiffness occasionally. In many cases, it’s due to poor posture or long working hours.
What are the symptoms associated with neck pain?
- Numbness or tingling in the arm
- Shoulder pain
- Sharp shooting or a dull aching pain in your neck
If you spot these symptoms, visit a neck pain hospital in Bangalore.
What are the causes of neck pain?
- Muscle tension and strain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Herniated cervical disk
- Spinal stenosis
When should you consult a doctor?
If your neck pain continues for more than a week, is severe or is accompanied by other symptoms, you should seek medical attention.
You can request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Koramangala, Bangalore.
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the remedies for neck pain?
- You may apply ice for the first few days to relieve inflammation. After that, apply heat with a heating pad, hot compress or by taking a hot shower.
- Take a few days off from sports and other activities that can aggravate your symptoms. Refrain from heavy lifting.
- When movement is possible, slowly stretch your head from side to side and in up-and-down motions. Repeat these motions every day.
- Reduce emotional stress.
- Maintain good posture during rest and at work. Also, change your position often. Don’t stand or sit in one position for too long.
- Avoid cradling the phone between your neck and shoulder.
- Try to maintain a good posture while sleeping.
- Use of a neck brace or collar without your doctor’s approval is not recommended.
How is neck pain treated?
Your doctor may advise the following treatments:
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs):
NSAIDs are often advised first for neck pain. These include drugs such as Aceclofenac or Ibuprofen.
Muscle relaxants such as cyclobenzaprine are used to treat pain associated with musculoskeletal problems.
Opioids, such as hydrocodone, tramadol and oxycodone, are strong pain-relieving medications available by prescription only. However, they have addiction risk.
Anticonvulsants, such as gabapentin (e.g. Neurontin) and pregabalin (e.g. Lyrica), are often prescribed if a neuropathic pain is suspected.
Certain antidepressant medications, such as duloxetine and amitriptyline, have been proved effective in managing certain types of chronic pain irrespective of depression.
Surgery to relieve neck-related pain is typically performed for one or more of the following reasons:
- To decompress a nerve root (by removing a damaged disk and/or other problematic structure)
- To decompress the spinal cord
- To stabilize the cervical spine
These options are available at any neck pain hospital in Bangalore.
Neck pain is a very common condition in today’s world and usually subsides without any complications. If you notice any of the alarming signals mentioned above, consult a doctor to get yourself evaluated as soon as possible.
Long working hours at a stretch, non-ergonomic working conditions and improper sleep posture may predispose you to developing neck pains.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Regular stretching
- Avoiding stress
- Maintaining good postures while sitting, walking
- Working in an ergonomic environment
- Using proper pillows
- Giving up smoking
This involves a thorough history-taking and physical examination. The treating doctor may advise one or more of these tests:
- CT Scans
- MRI scans
- Lumbar puncture