Kidney Specialist Doctor in Bangalore
Kidney specialists or Nephrologists are medical professionals who provide diagnosis and treatment of all the disorders related to the kidney. Nephrology is the study of kidney disease.
- Acute kidney injury – Acute kidney disease means the quick onset of kidney disorders often related to the reduction in the blood perfusion in the kidneys, other kidney problems, and dehydration.
- Chronic renal failure – This disorder occurs mostly because of diabetes and high blood pressure. However, the other factors that contribute to a chronic renal failure include; kidney infection, multiple cysts in the kidney, autoimmune disorders, hardening of the arteries, blockage of the urinary tract (usually occurs because of recurrent infections, stones, birth defects, etc.), using a lot of medications.
- Kidney stones – There are various types of kidney stones, and sometimes they may not show any symptoms. The types of kidney stones include; calcium stones, uric stones, struvite stones, and cystine stones.
- Kidney infections – Also referred to as pyelonephritis, when we talk about urinary tract infection, it covers a broad horizon, which includes; the presence of bacteria in the urine, bladder infections, and even the infection of the kidneys.
Today, either because of the unhealthy lifestyle habits or various other medical conditions, one can develop serious kidney problems. Some of the most common conditions that lead to a kidney failure are;
- Diabetes – Diabetes is a very common medical condition faced by almost 7.1% of the adult population, which approximately means about 62 million people of our country. When it is not managed accordingly, it can cause kidney failure.
- Cardiorenal Syndrome – Where the kidney disease is caused by high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Obesity – When it comes to obesity, it is important to get treatment and maintain an ideal weight. This helps keep your kidneys healthy and avoid kidney failure.
- Chronic kidney infections
- Kidney stones that cause blockage
- Congenital kidney issues, which mean the diseases that are present from birth, such as horseshoe kidney.
- Glomerulonephritis – It is a condition where kidneys become inflamed due to various reasons, such as bacteria that is responsible for strep throat.
- Kidney disease, which results from lupus.
- Polycystic kidney disorder – These disorders are genetic, but the severity and the age of commencement can differ.
- Autoimmune disorders like IgA nephropathy.
- Hepatorenal Syndrome
When we talk about chronic kidney disorder, we can put it into 5 stages. These stages are basically the severity of the disorder. The first stage of kidney failure is very mild, and the fifth stage is when the patient will have to undergo dialysis or a transplant. Apart from all the kidney disorders, the doctors of kidney also help manage the symptoms that come with these disorders, such as the potassium levels in the system becomes faulty or the patient may experience high blood pressure. So, these conditions are also addressed and treated by the kidney specialist doctor in Bangalore, at Apollo Spectra.
Kidney damage interferes with the blood pressure. Also, the kidney is responsible to produce the hormone, which is further responsible for the production of red blood cells. So, when the kidney is not functioning accordingly, it can lead to anemia and low red blood count.
When someone suffers from kidney stones, back pain, pain in the abdomen, and difficulty urinating are the most common symptoms. Sometimes, fatigue, insomnia, or even experiencing a weird taste in the mouth can be a symptom of an underlying disease. Hence, it is always best to get tested.