Tummy tuck in Bangalore
Doing regular sit-ups is not giving you the flat stomach you want? If you are someone who has flab or extra skin around the stomach, which, despite intense workouts, is not becoming taut then you may consider a tummy tuck. Also known as abdominoplasty, this surgery is used to remove extra fat and the flab, and to tighten the walls of the abdomen. For the best tummy tuck in Bangalore, visit your nearest Apollo Spectra now! However, it is important to understand that tummy tuck is different from a Liposuction. Although people may choose to go for the two options together.
- If you are planning on becoming pregnant then, you may want to wait for a while, i.e., after you have had the baby. This is because when you undergo tummy tuck the vertical muscles are tightened and when you become pregnant, these muscles become separated.
- If you are someone who is planning on losing weight, then you must wait until you have lost all the desired or necessary weight.
- If you think that tummy tuck is a short-cut for weight loss, then you are sadly mistaken. It helps reshape your body but cannot help you lose weight.
- If you are someone who is worried about slight scarring, then you must talk to your doctor before you proceed.
If you are someone who smokes, then it is time you quit. If you have problems quitting on your own, then you can talk to your doctor and he or she will help you with the same. If not, you will have to quit at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the surgery. This is mandatory because when you smoke, it can interfere with the healing process. Also, smoking may cause complications. It is important that you don’t do anything drastic before the surgery, like going on a crash diet or a liquid diet. This will do no good and may cause harm. Instead, eat a well-balanced diet. A complete home-cooked meal will enhance your health and promote healing.
It is also important to let your doctor know about all the medications you are taking. Your doctor may ask you to stop the medications if necessary. You must also be clear about all the supplements and even any herbal medications that you take.
You need to make your home ready, so that, you can stay comfortably post-surgery. Therefore, keep ice packs, loose clothing, petroleum jelly handy. Also, keep bathroom chairs and fix handles in the bathroom for support.
You will need someone with you during the surgery and to drive you back home, since you will not be in the condition to do it alone. Also, you may need someone to stay with you after the surgery, at least for a couple of days as it may be difficult managing everything on your own.
- Complete abdominoplasty
The surgeon will make an incision from the hipbone to hipbone, in order to reshape the skin, tissues, and the muscles like you need. During this surgery, your belly button may be moved, and drainage tubes may be attached under the skin for a couple of days.
- Partial or mini-abdominoplasty
This surgery is usually conducted when the fat deposits are below the navel and the belly button is generally not moved during this surgery. Depending on the case, it can take up to 2 hours.