Urology - Men's Health
Urological problems are found in the regions of urethra, bladder, and kidneys in men. If such problems are left untreated, they can impair the genital organs in men. They can also lead to other serious problems like kidney failure, which can put a man permanently on dialysis for his entire life.
To know more, search for a urology doctor near me or visit a urology hospital near me.
What Are the Types of Urological Problems in Men?
Below are the common types of urological problems in men:
- Peyronie's disease
- Penile Trauma
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Erectile dysfunction
- Kidney Stones
What Are the Symptoms of Urological Problems in Men?
Peyronie's Disease symptoms:
- Presence of scar tissue
- A upward or downward curve in the penis
- Problem maintaining erection
- Experiencing penile pain
- Deformity in the penis
Penile Trauma symptoms:
- Immediate penis pain
- Penile shaft discoloration
- Penile shaft swelling
- A cracking or popping sound
- Rapid erection loss
Urinary Incontinence symptoms:
- Leakage of urine whenever pressure is exerted
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Unable to reach the toilet in time
- Dribbling of urine from the penis frequently or constantly
Urinary Tract Infections symptoms:
- A need to urinate on a frequent or urgent basis
- Pain in the abdomen area
- The color of the urine appears to be abnormal
- Pressure in the lower region
Sexually transmitted diseases symptoms:
- Sores on the penis and the nearby region
- Discharge of substance from penis
- Pain in the penis while indulging in intercourse
- A painful or burning sensation at the moment of urination
Erectile dysfunction symptoms:
- Difficulty in achieving an erection
- Difficulty in maintaining an erection
- Reduction of sexual desire in men
Kidney Stones Symptoms:
- Severe pain on the side or back
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Urine that is foul-smelling
- Groin area pain
- Fluctuation of pain in intensity
- Vomiting or nausea
- Urine has abnormal color
- Need to urinate persistently
What Are the Causes of Urological Problems in Men?
Peyronie's Disease causes:
- The main cause is still unknown but the contributing factors have been identified. These contributing factors are as follows:
- Injury to the erect penis
- Hereditary, you can have it if your close family member had Peyronie's disease
- Connective tissue disorders
- Health issues like high sugar, tobacco usage, pelvic trauma, etc.
- Improper Diet
Urinary Tract Infections causes:
It is caused by harmful microorganisms during sexual activity or by remaining in unhygienic conditions.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases causes:
Transmission of bacteria, viruses during sexual activity.
Erectile Dysfunction causes:
- Heart Disease
- Lower level of testosterone
- Neurological diseases
- High blood pressure
- High level of cholesterol in men
- Sleeping disorder
- Certain medications
- Drug abuse or alcoholism or tobacco usage
- Multiple sclerosis
Kidney Stones causes:
Kidney stones in men have no definitive cause.
When Do You Need to See a Doctor?
You must immediately see a doctor on experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above. If you are having discomfort in the urethra, bladder, ureters, and kidneys, visit a urology hospital.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune, Maharashtra.
Call 18605002244 to book an appointment.
How Can Urological Problems be Prevented?
Below are some preventive measures you can take:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Adopt a smoke-free lifestyle.
- Reduce alcohol intake as much as possible.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduce caffeine consumption.
- Reduce fluid intake during the night before sleeping.
How Are Urological Problems Treated?
Below are the various treatment options to enhance and promote men’s urological health:
- Physical Medicine: A medical specialty that helps men regain urological functions.
- Oral medication: Oral medications like antibiotics may be suitable for treating certain urological problems.
- Use of injectable agents: Agents like collagenase and interferon are injected in the body.
- Laser therapies: This refers to low-level laser treatment for curing urological problems.
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures: Treatment of urological organs takes place by making tiny incisions.
Due to certain lifestyle habits, urological problems have become prevalent in men. This makes it all the more important to search for ‘urology hospital near me’ just in case.
Yes, a penis can certainly be fractured. This can happen if the penis suffers trauma.
The diagnosis of urological problems in men can be done by biopsy, laboratory analysis, and ultrasound. For a proper diagnosis, search for ‘urology hospital near me’.
Yes, experiencing a sudden loss of erection can be a sign of some problem or issue with the penis. If this happens, immediately search for ‘urology hospital near me’ and pay a visit.