Hair Transplant in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
Pattern baldness, thinning hair, excessive hair fall, and other hair-related issues are common and observed in men and women. But with evolving medical technology, getting a cure for these is also possible. The remedy to all these hair problems is simple- a hair transplant.
What is Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is a surgical method. In this method, hair follicles are surgically removed from one part of the body known as the 'donor site'. It is transplanted to a bald or balding part of the body. This site is known as the 'recipient site'. The most common application of hair transplant is to treat male pattern baldness.
Types of Hair Transplant
- Strip Harvesting
Strip harvesting is the most common method of hair transplant. This process is also known as Follicular Unit Transplantation or FUT. A scalpel- single, double, or triple-bladed, is used to remove a strip of skin-bearing hair follicles from the donor site. The donor site should be an area of good hair growth. The incision is made in such a way that the hair follicles remain intact. Then micro blades are used to make punctures in the recipient site and realistically place the hair follicles. The cost of hair transplant in this method can range from 35,000 INR to 85,000 INR depending on the type of baldness.
- Follicular Unit Extraction
The other type of hair transplant surgery is Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE. This method is based on the removal of individual follicular units containing about 1-4 or 5 hairs. The removal is performed under local anesthesia. Tiny punctures are made on the skin of the recipient site and the grafts are then inserted there. FUE method gives a very realistic result. The hair transplant cost of this method has a similar range to the FUT method depending on the number of grafts required.
How you can Benefit from Hair Transplant
- A hair transplant is a permanent solution to baldness.
- A hair transplant gives an individual a better appearance.
- Hair transplant is cost-effective as it lasts a lifetime.
- After a hair transplant, you do not need any special kind of hair care routine.
- The hair you grow is not artificial like wigs or weaving. Transplant is done with real hair from your own body.
- Anyone can opt for a hair transplant. Women with thinning hair, males with pattern baldness, or any individual with hair loss due to accidents and burns can opt for hair transplants.
What are the Disadvantages of Hair Transplant?
- If hair loss is genetic, then hair fall might continue to occur even after having a hair transplant.
- Hair transplant is harmful to people who suffer hair loss due to medication or chemotherapy.
- People who do not have a good donor site with good hair growth should not opt for a hair transplant.
Basic Procedure for Hair Transplant
The basic procedure of hair transplant includes the following steps-
- The scalp is thoroughly cleaned.
- A tiny needle is used to provide local anesthesia to your scalp so that it remains numb throughout the procedure.
- In the FUT technique, as mentioned earlier, a scalp is used to remove a slice of skin containing hair follicles. These slices are implanted into the balding area. Then the wounded areas are stitched up.
- In the FUE technique, the surgeon removes each hair and then punctures the scalp to carefully graft hair into these indentations. The scalp is then covered with bandages or gauze for a few days until it heals.
How to take care of your Hair after a Transplant
After a hair transplant surgery you can do the following to ensure quick recovery:
- Take pain medications to avoid pain in the scalp area.
- Take anti-inflammatory medicines to reduce swelling.
- Doctors might prescribe antibiotics to make sure there is no risk of infection in the area of surgery.
- Avoid touching your scalp or tugging on your hairs after you go through a hair transplant surgery.
Are there any Side Effects or Complications after Hair Transplant?
There might be some side effects as follows-
- Numbness in the areas of scalp treatment
These are nothing to worry about as doctors will prescribe medicines for these and they will not cause any damage. If you notice any of these side effects, you should contact healthcare professionals immediately.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
To conclude, a hair transplant is a very popular and common procedure to get rid of baldness and thinning hair permanently. It is very cost-effective and anyone can go for it if you don’t have any medical complications.
After a hair transplant, you should wait for two to three weeks to expect the most effective recovery.
One should avoid touching the transplant area or itching or scratching the area after a hair transplant.
It is normal for the transplanted hair to fall off two to three weeks after the hair transplant surgery. This helps in the growth of new hair which will occur within eight to twelve months.