Minor Sports Injuries Treatment in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
Physical activities such as exercise and sports can keep you healthy and fit, but sometimes they can cause minor injuries like small cuts, sprains, strains, etc. Thus, anyone who does physical activities may have some sort of minor injury while doing it and so it is good for everyone to know what to do if such injury occurs.
What to do in Case of Scrapes and Cuts
Minor injuries like scrapes and cuts can look like a serious injury because of the flowing blood, but there is no reason to panic instead following the given steps can help:
- To stop the bleeding direct pressure should be applied for 10-15 minutes.
- The wounded place should be washed with plain water.
- You should clean the wounded area with a wet cloth and look for any debris.
- Applying antibiotic cream and covering the wound with a bandage.
When should you Visit a Doctor?
Normally, there is no reason to visit a doctor in case of minor injury but if the wound keeps on getting worse with time then you should. Other situations where you have to go to a doctor during a minor injury are as follows:
- If the wound looks infected and causing pain.
- If there is any pus formed in the injured area.
- If there is redness and swelling around the injured area.
What are the Symptoms for Strains and Sprains?
Strains are caused when there is a sudden stretch and tear in muscles. This can have effects like pain, swelling, and the strained area can look bruised.
Sprains can be more serious as they can tear ligaments or overstretch the ligaments in mild cases. Thus, the common symptoms for such strains and sprains are as follows:
- If there is no bleeding but the pain is unbearable then most probably you have sprained yourself.
- Any swelling around the joints and incompetence to walk or bear weight.
How to Relieve the Pain caused by Minor Injuries
To relieve the pain caused by minor injuries you can take pain medications and put on bandages. The use of antibiotic ointment on the injury can also help to reduce pain. To reduce the inflammation you can apply cold water, ice pack, and use pain killers. If the injury is causing continuous pain then visiting a doctor is beneficial. But, taking pain killers and other medications for minor injuries without consulting a doctor is not advised as it can have side effects and cause complications. Thus, if the injury is small just bear with it and leave it for few days, and just apply ointment.
Types of Minor Injuries
- Any kind of strains and sprains
- Small cuts and grazes
- Insect and animal bites
- Allergic reactions on the skin
There are minor injury units at Apollo Spectra, Pune
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What Precautions can be taken?
Normally, small injuries, bruises, and cuts will always occur while playing or doing any physical activities. But there are few precautions one can take to prevent his/her injuries:
- Wearing correct and fitting gears is recommended, such as the knee, shin, and elbow pads.
- Always warm before playing any sports or exercise as it will stop you from getting cramps and strains.
- Always take a rest after exercising and give your body time to recover.
- If there is injury avoid any sports or exercise as it will only increase the pain and reduce the healing time.
- Always stay hydrated.
Minor injuries cannot be always avoided while playing sports or exercising but care can be taken to prevent any serious injuries or escalation of the injury. Strains and Sprains are minor injuries but one must give his/her body rest to recover and must not be hasty. Pain medications can be used to reduce swelling and soreness.
If you are having a minor injury, don’t bother yourself by going to a hospital as the injury can be taken care of at home and it will save you your money.
- Small cuts and bruises, etc.
Normally, small cuts and bruises stop bleeding on their own. If needed, to stop the bleeding direct pressure should be applied for 10-15 minutes and the wound should be washed and first aids must be applied.