Women's Health Clinic in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
While men and women share similar problems as human beings, some health issues affect women differently and more commonly. Women suffer from exceptional health issues such as pregnancy, menopause, cervical cancer, and breast cancer. They are even at a higher risk of heart attack than men. Depression and anxiety issues also exhibit more in women than men.
What are the issues that are more common in women?
Among all the conditions that are present more in women than men, some that pose more health risks include:
- Osteoporosis- is a condition that weakens bones which makes them prone to breakage. This condition is more common amongst women, and some factors that cause this include:
- age factor
- excessive alcohol consumption
- no workout
- excessive smoking
- use of steroid
Sadly, there is no cure for osteoporosis. However, doctors prescribe treatment to prolong the advancement of the condition.
- Autoimmune diseases- are diseases that occur when body cells that fight threats like viruses attack healthy cells. As this condition grows among the population, no one knows why it only attacks the women. Some common symptoms include:
- sweet pain
- irritation in skin
Some tips to naturally heal this includes:
- less sugar consumption
- less fat consumption
- reduce stress
- reduce toxin intake
However, it is best defended against if detected early.
- Pregnancy issues- the existing complications can worsen during pregnancy and threaten the mother and her baby. Conditions like asthma, diabetes and depression can be harmful to the mother and baby if not managed properly. Pregnancy can cause anemia which is a condition that causes healthy mothers' red blood cells to drop. Another complication occurs when a reproductive cell implants outside the uterus that makes further growth unfeasible. But fortunately, obstetricians can handle and treat these common and rare health issues that arise during pregnancy.
- Gynecological health- while bleeding and discharge are a normal part of the menstrual cycle, additional symptoms during menstruation may indicate health issues. Unusual symptoms like bleeding between cycles and frequent urination can copy other health conditions. Vaginal issues can indicate other severe health conditions like sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) or reproductive tract cancer. If taken lightly or left untreated, they can advance to conditions like infertility or kidney failure.
- Cervical and ovarian cancer- not many people are aware of the differences between ovarian and cervical cancer. Cervical cancer develops in the lower uterus, while ovarian cancer develops in the fallopian tubes. Both conditions cause similar pain, but cervical cancer also causes pain during coitus.
- Breast cancer- is a disease that originates in the lining of the milk ducts and can spread to other organs. It is the most aggressive cancer affecting the female population worldwide. The female population is affected by this more than men in developed countries due to their extended life spans. In the first stages, breast cancer presents itself as breast lumps. Usually, breast lumps are non-threatening, but women need to get each one checked by a doctor.
- Heart Disease- one in every four deaths caused by heart diseases is of women in India. People believe that heart disease is more common in men, but the condition affects both genders almost equally.
If you face any problem regarding your health, do not hesitate to see a doctor. You can reach out to doctors at healthcare providers at Apollo, Pune in case of any doubts and concerns regarding your health.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
Yes. While gynecology is related to women's reproductive organs and sexual health, obstetrics is related to pregnancy. Since these fields are closely related, physicians study and provide care for both.
Yes. Pregnant women should eat foods that contain high amounts of iron, calcium, and protein. An increase in water and fiber intake helps reduce digestive issues during pregnancy. You should also avoid eating raw foods, fish, cheesy stuff, etc.
If you suspect that you are pregnant and have tested positive with a home pregnancy test, you should call for an appointment right away. Generally, your doctor will schedule about eight weeks from your last cycle.