Chronic Ear Infection Treatment in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
Many ear diseases are caused by bacterial and virus infections.
There are mainly three types of ear diseases:
- Otitis media with effusion( OME): it ordinarily occurs in young children. It usually comes after a previous ear problem has been rectified but the fluid remains in the middle ear. There might not be certain symptoms being shown in the child but it is visible to the doctor.
- Acute Otitis media( AOM): it is the most ordinary type of ear disease. In this problem, fluid usually builds behind the eardrum causes pain.
- Chronic Otitis media with effusion(COME): it is a condition where an ear fluid remains in the ear for a long time and even after removing it returns back. The one who is suffering from COME usually finds it difficult to fight against various ear diseases and they might also have some problems in hearing.
There is one more form of ear disease that is known as CSOM. It stands for chronic suppurative otitis media. The ones who suffer from CSOM have a continuous flow of ear fluids. This occurs when the AOM that might have happened earlier, gets complicated.
What are the symptoms of ear disease?
The symptoms differ for everyone. They depend on the type of ear disease that person is suffering. The symptoms include the following;
- Severe pain in ears
- Feeling nauseous
- Having continuous vomiting
- Having continuous ear discharge
- Having problems in hearing
- Suffering from fever
What are the symptoms of chronic ear diseases?
Since ear disease has a lot of symptoms, chronic diseases do not have symptoms that are visible. The symptoms include the following:
- Very poor workability
- Having difficulty in listening or reading
- Paying poor attention
- Having less ability to do work on your own
When to see a doctor?
If you are suffering from OME, the doctors consider it a chronic ear disease if that condition lasts for more than 3 months. Please immediately contact your doctor if you are facing the same problems and consult with your doctor for further medication.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What are the causes of chronic ear diseases?
When someone is suffering from a small infection in the ears for more than 3 months it causes chronic ear infection. If you will prevent yourself from small ear diseases it might yield to the prevention of chronic diseases. The causes of ear infection are the following:
- There is bacterial contamination
- Suffering from fever or common cold
- Having viral flu
- Having an upper respiratory tract infection recently
- Suffering from down syndrome
- Having a genetic family history of ear diseases
- Suffering from cleft palates
How is chronic ear disease treatment done?
Generally, the diseases of the ear go on their own but if the case is severe, they might need medical attention for curing the disease.
You must immediately call a doctor, if your disease is prolonged, or is not treated with over-the-counter medicines.
The various treatment options for ear infections include:
- Medication: some anti Inflammatories might be given by the doctor for relief like NSAIDS, aspirin and acetaminophen.
- Dry mopping: also known as an aural toilet, It is a process where the doctor cleans the fluids and waxes, by throwing water inside.
- Antibiotics: Certain antibiotics may also be given by the doctor to cure ear diseases
- Antifungal treatments: The doctors might advise an antifungal treatment if the person is being affected mentally for the same.
Though chronic ear diseases are severe and cause a lot of pain and disturbance in an individual, they can be cured if they are treated on time and consultation is done right with the doctor.
If a person is suffering from OME for more than 3 months, it's considered to be chronic. According to reports, around 40 percent of children suffer from OME more than a single time and hence around 10 percent of them last for more than 1 year.
Due to chronic diseases, certain brain disorders can also come which would lead to loss of hearing, facial paralysis, meningitis, and brain abscess can still occur.