MASTOPEXY Treatment & Diagnostics in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
Post-pregnancy can cause your breasts to sag and can take a toll on your self-esteem. It can also happen if you are facing weight changes. If you want to get rid of the saggy breasts, you can opt for mastopexy. This procedure will help you get the structure of your breasts back.
What is mastopexy?
Popularly called a breast lift, mastopexy is a surgical procedure where the nipples are positioned higher in the breast. The surgeon also lifts the breast tissues, removes all the excess skin, and tightens the tissues surrounding it. You can also get breast implants while going for mastopexy.
When to see a doctor?
You might want to go for a breast lift or mastopexy if:
- Your breasts are flat
- Your breasts droop down
- If your areolas are increasing in size
- If your breasts become extremely saggy after pregnancy.
You should see a doctor and then get all the necessary details about mastopexy. You can talk to the doctor about mastopexy if you decide to go for the surgery.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What preparations to take for mastopexy?
- You will need to tell your doctor the shape and size of breasts you want if you plan to get implants.
- Your doctor will tell you about mastopexy in detail and run you through the risks and complications associated with it.
- Your doctor will ask you to stop taking blood-thinning medicines like ibuprofen and aspirin.
- You will need to tell your doctor if you have got any other breast surgery done before.
- If you are a smoker, your surgeon will ask you to stop smoking for several days.
- The surgeon can also prescribe antibiotics if necessary.
How do surgeons perform mastopexy?
- Your surgeon will give you general anesthesia for mastopexy.
- The surgeon does the procedure in an outpatient way. This method means the patient can go back home after the surgery.
- You will have to lie down, and your surgeon will mark the positions in your breast for mastopexy.
- Your doctor will make incisions in the marks and cut the skin open.
- The surgeon will lift the breast tissues in the desired location.
- If you are getting implants, he will place the implants in the breasts.
- If there is extra skin around, your surgeon will remove all of it to give a firmer look.
- Your surgeon can also tighten the surrounding cells during a breast lift.
- He will then stitch the area and put bandages around your breasts.
- Sometimes, your surgeon can place a drain inside. In the follow-up session two days later, the surgeon will take out the drain.
What does recovery look like after mastopexy?
- The second day after your surgery, your surgeon will remove the bandages.
- The surgeon will check the color of your nipples and if they are getting blood supply.
- Your doctor will give you pain relief to cure any discomfort.
- Your doctor will recommend you to keep wearing a bra to protect the area and help it heal faster.
- In less than a month, your doctor will remove the stitches.
- If you get implants, you will have to ensure that you do not hurt your breasts.
- If the two breast sizes differ, your surgeon will do a touch-up procedure.
- Your surgeon will ask you to take a lot of rest and lessen movement for some days.
- If you experience abnormal pain or other complications, tell your surgeon immediately.
Mastopexy is a simple procedure and helps to enhance your breast appearance. It is a good option if your skin has been saggy due to weight issues, genetics, or even pregnancy. You might notice a difference in breast sizes while healing. Your doctor can fix these changes. Hence, stay in touch with your surgeon till you fully recover.
Getting a breast lift will not take away your capacity to breastfeed. You can undergo mastopexy after you hit puberty, and you have well-developed breasts. Hence, you can get a breast lift even before pregnancy. You will still be able to breastfeed after that.
Usually, the effect of a breast lift lasts long. In some cases, you will need to go to your surgeon to get touch-ups done. You will be able to see a difference in your breast shape right after surgery. After some months, you will be able to see the final effect of it.
During mastopexy, your surgeon will give you general anesthesia. Hence, you will not feel the pain. After a mastopexy, you will experience moderate pain while recovering. The surgeon will give you pain relievers to keep the discomfort at bay.