Gynaecological Cancer Treatment in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
Cancer that starts or occurs in a woman’s reproductive organs including the cervix, ovaries, vagina, fallopian tube is called gynecological cancer.
What is Gynecological cancer?
Gynecological cancer refers to the development of a tumor in any of the female reproductive organs, it begins in different places within a woman’s pelvis (area below the stomach and between the hip bones).
Types of Gynecological cancer:
- Ovarian cancer- is when cancer begins in the ovaries.
- Cervical cancer- is when cancer begins in the cervix which is located in the lower narrow end of the uterus.
- Vaginal cancer- is when cancer begins in the vagina which is the lower hollow tube-like channel between the bottom of the uterus.
- Vulvar cancer- is when cancer begins in the vulva which is the outer part of the female genital organ. All women are at equal risk of having gynecological cancer, which increases with the increase of age. Each of these cancer has different signs and symptoms with different prevention strategies. All of these must be treated after early detection.
What Are The Symptoms Of Gynecological Cancer?
Signs and symptoms vary from individual to individual, and each gynecological cancer has its own signs and symptoms. The common symptoms for gynecological cancer include:
- Pelvic pain (most common for ovarian and uterine cancer)
- Changes in vulva color or skin ( only in the case of vulvar cancer)
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding (common in all the types of gynecological cancer except vulvar cancer)
- Changes in bathroom habits ( common in vaginal and ovarian cancer)
- Back pain and stomach pain
- Pain, itching, or burning sensation in the vulva (are found only in the case of vulvar cancer)
- Difficulty in eating, feeling too full or low apatite (common in the case of ovarian cancer only)
You should see a doctor if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Common Cause of Gynecological Cancer?
Most cancers are caused due to stress and lifestyle habits of an individual
- Unprotected intercourse
- Rest deficiency
- Improper feminine hygiene
How Can We Prevent Gynecological Cancer?
Gynecological cancer is intrigued by one’s lifestyle. Hence, the best way for its prevention is by changing daily routines of self-care.
Some of the ways for its prevention is:
- Having safe sex
- Following a healthy diet and providing proper rest to the body
- Performing regular exercise
- Avoiding stress
- Following regular sleeping schedules
- Maintaining proper hygiene
- Taking periodic gynecological test’s
Almost every woman suffers from one of the gynecological diseases once in her lifetime, but many of these diseases may leave a negative and serious impact on the body affecting reproductive health and may also cause infertility, but one can prevent this by following correct prevention methods
Uterine cancer is the most common gynecological cancer which begins in the layer of cells that form the lining of the uterus. Although the exact cause of this cancer is unknown, the risk is high among women who suffer from obesity and women who never had children.
Gynecological cancer which caused more deaths than any other cancer is Ovarian Cancer.
Since most patients have well-differentiated tumors, Endometrial Cancer is one of the most curable cancer.