Treatment for Common Illnesses in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
Common illnesses are normally caused by viruses and bacteria. Some of the common illnesses are as follows:
- Cold and flu.
- Conjunctivitis. Etc.
What are the causes of common illness?
Cold and flu are caused by viruses that are transmitted via hand-to-hand contact. In these illnesses, the nose, lungs, and throat are affected. Generally, in cold and flu, the viruses increase the inflammation of the membrane present in the nose and throat.
What are the symptoms of common illness?
Flu and cold symptoms affect the whole body when present, the symptoms of cold are less serious than that of flu. Some of the symptoms that can be observed when you are having flu and cold are as follows:
- During flu, a person may have a fever, headache, body pain, and fatigue
- Flu causes dry cough and can also cause sinus.
- When a person is having a cold he/she can have a cough, runny nose, sore throat, and sneezing. Mild body pain and headache can also be there.
When do you visit a doctor?
When discomfort is caused due to any problem related to cold and flu you should immediately visit your doctor, some of the problems that require doctor visit are as follows:
- You should go to your doctor if you are having a fever of 1020 F or higher.
- Severe cough and body pain also need doctor visits as it indicates infections and pneumonia.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
How to cure a cold and flu?
Generally, cold and flu cannot be cured by using antibiotics as they are caused by viruses. But these following tips can help you boost your immunity and make you feel better:
- Giving adequate rest to your body.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of clear fluids.
- Avoid smoking as it can affect your lungs and throat.
- Avoid drinking any form of alcohol as it can weaken your immune system and slow the recovery process.
- Take the prescribed medicines regularly.
Allergies are caused when an immune response is triggered by allergens.
What are the Causes of common illnesses?
Allergies are caused by allergens and ordinarily harmful substances. Some common allergens are as follows:
What are the Symptoms of common illnesses?
The symptoms can vary from person to person as there are so many causes. Some of the symptoms that can be seen are as follows:
- Dry throat from eating nuts
- Eye irritation from pollen
- Itching and redness from powder
- Inflammation of skin, nose, and throat
How to treat Allergies?
Getting rid of the substance itself is the most effective way of stopping allergies. Lifestyle changes can stop you from coming in contact with the allergen and reduce the symptoms.
Try to keep your room and personal space clean if you are allergic to dust mites. Wearing a mask in public places can also help to reduce symptoms of allergy because of dust.
For some of the allergens which are difficult to avoid you need to take medication to reduce the symptoms caused by those allergens. Some names of such medication:
- Decongestants: The congestion in your nasal membrane is reduced by the use of this medicine. This medicine is available in three forms which are spray, pill, and liquid.
- Antihistamines: This medicine can also be found in many different forms such as liquid, spray, pills, etc. It helps to reduce and cure sneezing, itchy eyes, and swelling caused by allergens.
What Precautions you must take
- Avoid early morning walks as pollen levels stay high.
- Normally, you can go for a walk after heavy rain as the pollen level is low.
- Wear a mask in public places all time.
Common illnesses can be easily prevented if your basic lifestyle is healthy. Common illnesses are not life-threatening but if neglected they can weaken your immune system and have a prolonged effect. Hence, you should take prevention.
Many common illnesses are caused by both viruses and bacteria such as cold and flu, allergies, diarrhea, stomach ache, etc.
References: https://uhs.princeton.edu/health-resources/common-illnesses https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/a-to-z https://www.mayoclinic.org/patient-care-and-health-information