Rehabilitation Treatment & Diagnostics in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
The care that can treat and improve your abilities and conditions is known as rehabilitation. Rehabilitation improves the ability that is required for daily life. Abilities such as physical, mental, and cognitive can get damaged because of injury, disease, and side effects from medications can be improved. Rehabilitation can improve your day-to-day life. Thus restoring health and normal life through adequate rest and physical therapy after surgery, injury, or illness is known as rehabilitation and it’s a very important part of recovery.
Who needs rehabilitation in Pune?
People need rehabilitation when they lose their ability to perform daily work because of the following causes:
- Any injuries or trauma such as fractures, burns, broken bones, spine injuries, etc. Rehabilitation is required as you need adequate rest to recover in such cases.
- Stroke. Rehabilitation is a must as a stroke can weaken your heart and any recklessness can cause another stroke.
- Rehabilitation is also required after any major surgery
- Side effects from medical treatments also need rehabilitation such as cancer treatment.
- Rehabilitation is also needed in case of any birth defect and genetic disorders.
- In the case of chronic neck and back pain rehabilitation is needed.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What’s the Aim of Rehabilitation at Apollo Spectra, Pune?
The main aim of rehabilitation is to improve someone’s condition including both physical and mental. The aims depend on the type of cause and treatment. For example,
- Stroke. Rehabilitation is a must as a stroke can weaken your heart and any recklessness can cause another stroke thus he/she needs help while bathing and during daily work.
- Patients with any lung disease need pulmonary rehabilitation for them to be able to breathe better and improve their condition.
- Cardiac rehabilitation is needed for patients who had a heart attack.
During rehabilitation, you will be under a certain treatment plan that includes:
- The use of assertive devices which are tools and equipment. They help patients with disabilities to move and function. These assertive devices include a walker, cane, wheelchairs, prosthetics, crutches, etc.
- To relearn and improve skills such as thinking, memory, learning, decision making, etc. you will undergo cognitive rehabilitation therapy. Cognitive rehabilitation is needed for patients who had accidents, head injuries, spine injuries, etc.
- Mental health counseling.
- To improve your thinking and express your feelings properly you may be recommended music or art therapy. This also helps you to develop your social skills.
- Nutritional counseling is very important as a proper diet is required for fast recovery.
- To help you with your daily activities you will be recommended occupational therapy.
- To strengthen your muscles, tissues, bones, etc. you need physical therapy. This helps you to regain confidence and fitness making your recovery progress faster.
- To improve your mental state and emotion you will be given recreational therapy. This includes crafts, games, relaxation, etc. There is the use of animals such as dogs and cats in this therapy. These animals are called therapy animals and support mental health-related people in their day-to-day life.
- Speech-language therapy is done to help you with speaking, reading, writing, etc.
Misconceptions about Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation is also required for people with an acute or chronic health condition and not only for people with long-term or physical impairment.
- Rehabilitation is not a luxuries thing and it is for everyone who thinks of getting better results.
- Rehabilitation is not a separate treatment instead it is the proper way to continue the already done procedure and recover fast.
- Rehabilitation is not an optional thing that should be only done when another method fails instead it is the very part of the process you had to treat your condition.
Rehabilitation can improve your day-to-day life. This is done by improving your condition through proper therapy and adequate rest. The type of therapy required depends on your condition and the type of cause.
The type of rehabilitation depends on the cause and the condition of the patient. Rehabilitation includes:
- Mental health counseling.
- Physical therapy.
- Speech-language therapy, etc.
The seven rights of patients are
- Right patient
- Right drug
- Right dose
- Right time
- Right route
- Right reason and
- Right documentation.
- Acute care rehab setting.
- Sub-acute care rehab setting .
- Outpatient care rehab setting.
- School-based rehab setting, etc.