Breast Augmentation Surgery in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
Breast Augmentation refers to a procedure that involves the placement of breast implants under the chest muscles or breast tissues. Breast augmentation can be done for various reasons including, correction of an asymmetrical breast that may be due to some injury or naturally, to enhance the lost mass after weight loss, to balance the contours of the hips and breast, or it can be undergone simply to feel more positive and self-assured. There may be certain risks involved with the surgery, it is recommended that you gain knowledge about the procedure and the related aspects in depth before making any decision. It is considered a type of cosmetic surgery.
How is the Procedure of Breast Augmentation Surgery Performed?
The size and look of the breast implants vary, therefore, it is recommended that you plan out the detail regarding the surgery with your plastic surgeon. You may be required to undergo a basic mammogram before going in for the surgery. The surgery can be either performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia, as found fit by the surgeon. To perform the surgery, a slip is made either around the arm, or nipple, or below your breast to place the implant. The implant is placed between the connective tissues of the breast and the chest. The cut is thereafter closed and dressing is done for the same.
What are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast augmentation can be beneficial if you want to improve the outer appearance of your breast if you want to enlarge the size of breasts, if you need to correct the asymmetrical appearance of the breasts which may be a natural cause or due to some previously suffered injury, to recover the breast size lost due to weight loss or pregnancy. This can have a huge impact on the way you dress and look.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What are the Side Effects of Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast Augmentation Surgery may involve certain complications or side effects such as:
- The breast may experience accumulation of certain fluids.
- The shape and size of the breast implant may get distorted.
- You may be prone to various infections.
- You may feel differential to the structure and texture of nipples.
- Pain in the breast.
- The position of the implant may change.
- There is also a possibility of the implant being ruptured.
Who are the Right Candidates for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
You may be a right fit for undergoing breast augmentation surgery if you find yourself in any of the following situations:
- Breast augmentation may be right for you if you are not satisfied with the appearance of your breast. If you feel that your breasts are too tiny, you may want to consider undergoing breast augmentation to enhance the outer appearance.
- In case the size of your breasts varies, breast augmentation surgery may prove to be of help. The size of the smaller breast can be enhanced to avoid problems relating to your clothes.
- You may simply find yourself right to undergo breast augmentation surgery if you feel that breast augmentation can boost your confidence.
- You may sometimes find yourself in a situation where your breasts have been affected due to some previously undergone surgery or procedure. The uneven breasts can be corrected using breast augmentation surgery.
- Weight loss or pregnancy can reduce the size of the breasts. They can be restored by breast augmentation surgery.
The cost of performing the surgery and the procurement of implants is different. While the cost of performing the procedure or placement of implants may vary.
Breast augmentation involves the minimum amount of pain. Even the pain during the recovery period can be dealt with, with the help of over-the-counter medications.
The implants used during breast augmentation can last for around 10 years, although some may even function well for 20 years or so, the cases being fewer than the initial case.