Liver Diseases Treatment in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
An organism is made up of various organ systems. One of those systems is the digestive system. The liver is a part of that digestive system of our body and quite an important one at that. The liver is also associated with the excretory system as it helps with the excretion process. We will learn more about the importance and functioning of the liver later in this article. Keep reading to find out more.
The Importance of Liver in a Human Body
The function of the liver in an organism is as follows:
- The liver helps in the regulation of chemicals in the body.
- The liver produces a fluid known as bile. Bile helps in carrying away all the waste products.
- The blood that leaves the stomach and intestines passes through the liver.
- The liver then processes this blood.
- The nutrients from the bloodstream are broken down and metabolized into simpler forms that are used by the body.The liver also produces a certain protein which is important for our blood plasma.
- It also produces cholesterol and special proteins that help carry fat throughout the body.
- The liver also stores iron.
- The liver resists infections by making immune factors and removes bacteria from the bloodstream.
- It clears bilirubin from the red blood cells.
- It regulates blood clotting.
- Poisonous ammonia is converted to urea by the liver.
Even except for these chief functions, there are over five hundred identified functions of the liver. This makes the liver a very important part of our body. As it is so important, the liver should be taken care of really well. Keep reading this article to find out how you can keep your liver healthy.
Risks to the Normal Functioning of a Liver
These are the risks to the normal functioning of the liver:
- Food very high in sugar
- Some herbal supplements (always contact your doctor before taking herbal medicines)
- Soft drinks
- Trans fats
Tips to Maintain a Healthy Liver
- Do not drink too much alcohol. According to the guidelines of the U.S. government, two drinks per day for a man and one drink per day for a woman is normal. No more alcohol than that should be consumed.
- Maintaining a healthy diet and exercising daily will help you keep your weight in check. This will help you prevent the risk of a fatty liver.
- Some medicines can hurt your liver as a side effect. Do not consume any kinds of medicinal drugs without contacting a healthcare professional
- Some aerosol products, insecticides, room fresheners, contain high toxins. Avoid breathing in those directions.
Foods That Are Healthy for your Liver
- Green vegetables
As we have discussed, the liver is a very important part of our body hence should be cared for. If you face any problems related to your liver, contact a healthcare professional immediately.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
Several signs indicate a bad liver. Some of them are:
- Nausea and vomiting.
- The dark color of urine.
- Yellowing of skin and eyes is a symptom of Jaundice.
- Pale coloring of stool.
- Itchy skin.
- Legs or ankles might swell.
Liver detoxification is not a myth. There are several ways in which you can detoxify your liver. Milk thistle is the best way to detoxify your liver. Milk thistle has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Due to these properties, it is known as the best liver detoxifying and liver cleansing supplement. Milk thistle can reduce liver inflammation significantly.
Any kinds of berries such as blueberries, cranberries, and so on are good for your liver. Other than that grapes are good for your liver. You should avoid fruits with high sugar content if you want to keep your liver healthy. Fruits like bananas should not be consumed much if you want a healthy liver.
Liver cleansing or liver detox can be carried out in the following ways:
- The best way is to maintain a detoxified liver is to eat a liver-friendly diet. I have discussed the diet in detail previously in this article.
- One can also take supplements that are used to cleanse out the liver.
- On certain days, one can sustain themselves just with a juice diet.
- Total cleansing of the colon and the gut can be done with the help of an enema.