Hair Fall Treatment in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
As people grow old, their hair starts to lose its thickness and volume. This loss of growth can be linked to hereditary hair loss, nutrient deficiencies, or diet. In most cases, it is not connected to overall health concerns. But, it can affect your self-esteem and mental health. Thankfully there are several treatment options available that can help regrow your hair and boost its strength, thickness, and health.
Signs that you need a hair fall treatment
Everyone sheds some hair daily. On average there are about 1,00,00 hairs on the scalp. Out of these, it is normal to lose 100 hairs every day. However, in some cases, hair fall can be quite expensive. Here are some signs that you should seek medical help for your hair loss:
- Losing hair in an unusual pattern
- Losing hair at an early age or rapidly
- Pain and itching with hair loss
- The skin on the scalp is scaly, red, or otherwise abnormal
- You are a woman with male pattern baldness
- You have facial hair, acne, or an abnormal menstrual cycle
- You have muscle weakness, fatigue, or intolerance to cold temperature
- You are gaining weight rapidly
- You have bald spots on your eyebrows or beard
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-1066 to book an appointment
Types of pattern baldness
- Male pattern baldness - In this case, you will have a receding hairline along with thinning hair around the crown that will eventually lead to bald spots. Male pattern baldness can be attributed to testosterone influence and genetics.
- Female pattern baldness - In this case, you have an intact hairline, but thinning on the scalp. This can be attributed to age, testosterone imbalance, and genetics.
Causes of hair loss
- Alopecia Areata
In this condition, hair loss occurs in round patches on your scalp. It can affect other areas with hair as well like beard and eyebrows. It usually occurs during childhood. The main causes of this condition are environmental factors and genes.
Your body must get enough nutrients for creating new hair strands and maintaining healthy hair follicles. An essential component of your hair is protein. There are some other micronutrients as well that play an important role in the growth cycle like minerals and vitamins. If your diet doesn’t have enough nutrients, it can lead to hair loss.
If you have been under continuous stress, your hair will start to feel thinner than usual. Even though your hair might return to its natural volume after the situation has passed, it is best to seek a healthcare professional.
When should you see a doctor?
In most cases, hair loss is not linked with major health problems. But, if you are concerned about it or it is affecting your mental health, you should see a doctor immediately.
- Hair Transplantation.
- Hair weaving.
- Laser hair reduction.
- Low-level laser therapy.
- Nutritional supplements
If you want to ensure the health of your hair, you have to be consistent with the treatment. The treatments will take some time to work and produce noticeable results. Be patient and you will have your hair back in no time.
There are three phases of hair growth:
- Anagen - the growing or active phase
- Catagen - a short phase of the hair cycle where the hair starts breaking down
- Telogen - resting phase
If you are experiencing unexplained or sudden hair loss, you have to consult a dermatologist who can provide advanced diagnosis and treatment for your issue.
Eating a healthy diet and following some other measures can keep your hair healthy. However, if your hair loss is because of genetic factors, preventing hair loss won’t be possible.