Scar Revision Treatment & Diagnostics in Sadashiv Peth, Pune
Scar revision is nothing but a process or alteration of a scar so that it blends with the skin colour of the person and helps make it look normal. The process of Scar Revision is done by plastic surgeons.
This is found more in women than men as it has been reported that women are more conscious about their appearance than men.
What is Scar Revision?
Scars are formed when you suffer from any injury. It is the body’s most natural way to heal and sew up the injured part. This has a disadvantage. It leaves behind a mark which is known as a scar and as humans, we are very conscious about the way we look. Due to this, we make all adjustments to look better. Scar revision is a cosmetic surgery that helps to improve the way the scar looks and at the same time, cuts down on the itchiness which comes out of it.
When should you opt for a Scar Revision?
Scar revision is a cosmetic process that has its own risk and safety. Hence you should only opt for it if you fall under the following categories :
- You don’t smoke at all
- The scar is too big and the scar is visible very clearly
- It’s bothering you more than doing it just because someone else wants you to
- You are physically fit
- You do not have any skin related problems near the treatment area
How much does Scar Revision cost and how to prepare for it?
Surgeries like these will always cost you a lot so you need to think twice before you make your decision. The surgery cost will include :
- The cost charged by the Surgeon
- Cost for the dose of Anesthesia
- Hospital and equipment charges
- Medical Tests
- Pre and post medication
The most important fee in this section will be the fee of your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with the surgery, no matter how much money you spend, it will be less.
To prepare for a scar revision surgery, it is always advisable to consult a doctor and follow the rules given by them. You should provide all the needed information to the doctor to avoid side effects and further problems. Also, check if the plastic surgeon is a certified professional because you will be spending your time and money as well as getting treated by them. Having proper knowledge of the surgeon will give you a sense of relief and you will undergo a successful surgery.
What are the different types of Scars treatments?
- Steroid Injections - A direct injection into the affected to reduce the itching, burning sensation, and redness of the scar. At times it can also reduce the size of the scar.
- Cryotherapy - This therapy is done by ‘freeing’ the scar.
- Pressure therapy - Pressure is applied via a pressure appliance which helps in the reduction of the scar.
- Radiation Therapy - By using a radiation tool, the size of the scar is being tried to reduce.
When to Consult a Doctor?
As these surgeries cost a lot, you should consult a doctor only when the scar is too big, visible clearly, causing problems or bothering you in regard to your appearance.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Pune
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What is the process for Scar Revision?
- Anesthesia - The doctor will advise you about which dose you need to take with reference to your body. Once this is done, the proper dose of anesthesia will be given to you.
- Treatment - The treatment will vary upon the size, type, and location of your scar.
Gels, Ointments will be used to cut down the itching, redness, and irritation. These gels can also help with the shrinkage of the scar. On the other hand, injectable items can also be used to cut down on the size of the scar drastically.
- There can be times when an incision has to be down to completely remove the old scar.
- Closing of the incisions - With the use of advanced techniques, the surgeons will completely close the incision.
Recovery will take place after 1 - 2 weeks and will be a slow process. But after a certain period of time, you will clearly see the results and they will be long-lasting.
Scar Revision is not an easy process. One should do some critical thinking before taking the surgery. More than the general category of people, celebrities, film stars, actors opt for this to hide and cover their scars as they have to present themselves on screen and in front of the media.
Scar revision is a cosmetic surgery that helps to improve the way the scar looks and at the same time, cuts down on the itchiness which comes out of it.
Surgeries like these will always cost you a lot so you need to think twice before you make your decision. If the scar is not much visible then you should skip it.
Yes. But consult your doctor and find a good plastic surgeon before taking the surgery.